Wednesday 16 December 2020

Book Review - Cold Mercy by M. A. Comley

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Cold Mercy
Author: M. A. Comley 
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 21st November 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Murder is on the cards…

And someone with a sinister agenda emerges from the shadows.

Detective Inspector Sara Ramsey and her team have a tough case to solve when a farmer’s car explodes, killing his wife.

Was this a simple accident? Or is there something far more malevolent afoot? If so, who could possibly be responsible?

Recent threats against the farmer surface, which throws the investigation into a spin.

The community is in shock and fearing for their lives in this fast-paced thriller, where clues are minimal and the tension is high.

Have I mentioned lately what an evil genius M.A. Comley really is? I was completely stumped with this one. 

When you start off with a car exploding, a wife dying, and then before the end of the day, two other major things to investigate, all in a small rural farming community, and you have to wonder how on earth the team can work out what is happening or why. 

This was a story that kept me on my toes, and when I wasn't reading I was trying to piece it together in my mind.  I just couldn't work out how DI Sara Ramsay and her team would figure anything out. 

I mean I had half a theory which was completely off base, but other than that I just had to keep turning the pages to see what on earth would happen next. 

It's a fairly fast paced book with the action taking place over a very small number of days, and I was completely absorbed by it. 

I can't believe this is the 10th book already of the DI Sara Ramsey series, it seems like only yesterday I was reading the first book, and it keeps on going from strength to strength. Bring on the next one. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...