Monday 27 June 2022

Book Review - The Italian Job by Kathryn Freeman

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Italian Job
Author: Kathryn Freeman
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: One More Chapter
Publication Date: 6th May 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

Dream job. Dream house. Fake fiancé.

A year in a gorgeous Italian castle…

When Anna Roberts’ life implodes, an online search leads her to an ad for the ultimate dream job – management of a gorgeous castle on the shores of Lake Como, accommodation included. The only catch? Anna can’t do it alone…

…With the last man on earth she’d choose!

The castle owners will only accept a couple as caretakers, which means Anna needs a man on her arm at the interview. Enter her neighbour, Jake Tucker. Though Anna and Jake have never seen eye-to-eye, Jake’s had a rough few years and an escape to Italy sounds ideal. Yet, when they get the job and jet off, Anna and Jake face an unexpected challenge. Pretending to be a couple is difficult … but pretending the tension simmering between them doesn’t exist is quickly proving impossible!

I think I may need to jump into Lake Como to cool off, after reading this! 

For the sexual chemistry between Anna and Jake is beyond sizzling - it is coming out of my kindle so clearly, and making me hot - even if they are trying to ignore it most of the time 

After all they did agree to be in a fake relationship in order to secure a job in a castle on Lake Como for a year, as both need a break from their regular lives. 

I do love a fake romance, I also love an enemies to well at least friends, I'll let you discover if it's anything more tropes, and this has those plot points in spade.  But it also has a man who has had a troubled past trying to get his life back on track, and Anna who has been messed about a few times in her life, leading her to have very little self confidence. 

This is just pure fun, I was completely and utterly absorbed by it, could picture the castle so clearly and loved every bit of dialogue between Anna and Jake. 

And that's before I mention the couple of men I love to hate in the story, and all manner of other characters that I enjoyed getting to know. 

It's just another fabulous book from one of my favourite authors, I loved it so much. 

Thank you to One More Chapter and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...