Wednesday 1 June 2022

Book Review - We'll Always Have Venice by Leonie Mack

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: We'll Always Have Venice
Author: Leonie Mack
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 28th April 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

Who can resist the romance of Venice…

When Norah arrives in Venice for a ten-week internship she is surprised to discover that her guide for her work trips around the lagoon is the undeniably gorgeous and kind Gianluca. She can’t help thinking he might be too good to be true, with his endless fascinating local stories, and his infectious laugh.

Norah is still bitter after an accident left her with a serious injury and also meant the end of her long-term relationship. And besides, she's serious about her career and that means leaving Venice at the end of the summer.

Gianluca has had a summer fling before that led to heartache for him and he won't do it again. He enjoys the long hours out on the lagoon with Norah, but after a storm strands them on a picture-perfect island for a night, they agree they should just be good friends for the summer. 

But life doesn't always go to plan, and when it's time for Norah to go, they have to decide whether what they have between them is really just a friendship, and not something more…

Leonie Mack is back another fabulously romantic escape, perfect for all fans of Mandy Baggot, Jo Thomas and Carole Matthews.

I completely and utterly loved this book! 

From the moment it started I was hooked, and I loved getting to know Norah, and could see the chemistry with Gianluca immediately.  Of course they are from very different worlds, so I was never completely sure how it would end or if it would end as I hoped, and Leonie Mack has surpassed my expectations with it. 

I hadn't realised until a few pages in, that this is a second book to  A Match Made in Venice, this time featuring Didi's sister Norah as the main character.  But it does mean we get to catch up with Didi and Piero which as a fan of the author I'm always happy to see characters again!  It can though easily be read as a standalone. 

I loved the descriptions of Venice, although I was less enthralled by the descriptions of Algae, and testing it etc.. just because I have no interest in the subject matter, but it's Norah's job and she seems to enjoy it! Gianluca is an oarmaker, which I would on the other hand, would have loved to have heard more details of! 

I felt transported to Venice and also to another location that I won't name that was completely unexpected but added another dimension to the book!  I do love some armchair travel.  And I also really enjoyed getting to know Gianluca's friends, and his family. 

I just loved everything about this book, and it's once again a gem of a story from Leonie Mack.  I already can't wait to read what she writes next! 

Thank you to Boldwood and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...