Monday 6 June 2022

Book Review - One Night With You by Laura Jane Williams

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title:  One Night With You
Author: Laura Jane Williams
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 26th May 2022
Rating: 3 Stars

It’s his first night in London. And her last…

Ruby’s leaving London. She’s not running away from her ex per se, but an exciting opportunity in a new city has landed at the perfect time.

Nic is moving to London. After a bad break-up, he’s excited to see where big-city life could take him.

When a chance meeting throws the pair of them together for just one night, it’s clear that this could be the start of something special. But there’s one problem: she’s leaving, and he’s just arriving. So, after tonight, they’ll never see each other again . . . will they?

From the international bestseller comes a story of two strangers, two cities, and one night that changes everything.

Having enjoyed this author previously I instantly jumped at the opportunity to read this book, without looking at the blurb., 

Normally that works out really well for me, however on this instance although I enjoyed the book, I am starting to think the trope where the timing just never seems to be right for what should be a perfect couple, may not be for me, as it just frustrates me. 

But that is my own problem, and despite that I did really enjoy the book. 

I cared about the characters, and it was clear there was a connection between Ruby and Nic.  I also enjoyed the story Ruby was telling with her documentary making.  The sex scenes were well written, and I loved the look at love that this book displays. 

It was entertaining, however maybe because of the trope, maybe for other reasons it just felt like it was missing an ingredient that would have made it into a much higher starred read for me. 

It's a good book, and if you already like the author then I'd give it a go, but it's to my eyes not her best work, I'm afraid. 

Thank you Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...