Wednesday 22 June 2022

Book Review - A Stranger on Board by Cameron Ward

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: A Stranger On Board
Author: Cameron Ward
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Michael Joseph
Publication Date: 23rd June 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. A luxury superyacht. And a killer picking you off, one by one...

Pre-order now! A twist-filled summer thriller, perfect for fans of T.M. Logan's The Holiday and Lucy Clarke's The Castaways

When ex-marine Sarah French joins a luxury superyacht as on-board security, she's excited to get her life - and career - back on track.

Surrounded by crystal waters, it seems like the perfect place to start over.

As they head into open water, though, tensions between the crew quickly build. And when someone goes missing, Sarah has a terrifying realisation.

One of them is a killer. All of them are suspects.

To protect the other passengers, Sarah needs to uncover the killer's identity, and return the boat safely to shore.

But there's a storm on the horizon - and not all of them will make it out alive...

Woah! Wow! Wowser! Umm.... let me catch my breathe for a min after finishing that, and I may be able to get some thoughts in order...

.... well first thought is OMG that was flipping awesome. I was completely gripped like I haven't been by book for absolutely ages, it drew me in slowly but once even the first things start to go a bit wrong, I was utterly hooked, and looking forward to my next fix with the book. 

... it's rather claustrophobic, there is only really a finite number of suspects and they are all on the journey from hell on a super yacht together.   And our hero is an ex-marine who is suffering from panic attacks and flashbacks to her time serving, but yet appears to be the one who what to be the hero. 

.. I had absolutely no idea who to trust, nor had I really formulated my own ideas, I was just so enthralled by the writing, and the feeling as though I was onboard with them all, that I didn't get a chance to do anything but be swept away by this fabulous book. 

.... I can't believe I've never read this author before, I know it was the superyacht setting that attracted me in the first place, but I'm certainly now curious to see what he will write next. I'm also so impressed with just about every aspect of the book, while also being rather relieved that i didn't read this while on a cruise! 

Easily one of the best books I've read so far this year. 

Thank you to Michael Joseph and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...