Thursday 25 August 2022

Book Review - The Beekeeper at Elderflower Grove by Jaimie Admans

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Beekeeper at Elderflower Grove
Author: Jaimie Admans
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HQ Digital
Publication Date: 15th July 2022
Rating: 5 Stars


Her new start is about to bee-gin!

Having moved into her mum’s spare room after a disastrous break-up, Kayleigh Harwood is desperate for a fresh start. When she sees an opening for a new beekeeper at Elderflower Grove she jumps at the chance – despite not knowing a thing about bees…

The abandoned manor house holds a mystery of its own – the previous owner vanished years ago – and locals have been inventing stories about the manor ever since. Unable to resist the urge to look around, Kayleigh is shocked to find drop-dead-gorgeous gardener Carey living inside!

Carey explains that the house and surrounding land is at risk of being demolished, endangering the bees, and he has been staying there to protect it.

Convinced the secret of the house holds the key to saving Elderflower Grove’s bees, Kayleigh is prepared to do everything she can to help. But is she ready to find her own happy-ever-after too…?

Escape to Elderflower Grove with this heart-warming summer holiday of a book! Fans of Heidi Swain, Trisha Ashley and Tilly Tennant will love this heart-warming read.

If like me you are scared of bees, then be warned this book contains lots of those black and yellow stripey buzzy monsters! 

I'm aware I should have guessed that from the title but honestly I see this author's name and know I want to read it regardless. 

And although I'm never going to be a fan of bees, I do appreciate the level of detail and research that must have been carried out, in order to give us a great overview on how to be a beekeeper, and just how amazing these little monsters really are. 

But what really caught my attention was Elderflower Grove itself, the grounds, the mystery, even the potential of ghosts initially, all of which is what made this book so so special. 

And the further into the story I got the more hooked I was, and the last quarter was fabulous and everything that I needed it to be and more.   With plenty of completely unexpected revelations, I hadn't guessed anything correctly! 

I loved the setting and the characters, well all the human ones at any rate, give or take the obvious villain, and was always happy to be back between the pages of this story, snatching a few mins here and there as and when I could. 

Although not my favourite by the author, on account of far far far too many buzzy bees being alive, although it was interesting to hear how honey comes out of the hives, it is still a fabulous story from her, and I look forward to her next book. 

Thank you to HQ Digital and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...