Tuesday 2 August 2022

I'm off for an exhausting sounding holiday.... and a look at my current TBR!

As you may or may not know I am an absolutely massive fan of sports, and so when there is a home Commonwealth Games, I just couldn't resist attempting to get some tickets, and then some more tickets and then some more! 

So on Friday, I was at the Velodrome in London, and saw England pick up 2 silvers and 3 bronzes, and even got to see Dame Laura Kenny race. 

Then Sunday evening (yesterday as I am writing this),  well I was at Wembley, and got to witness history with the amazing Lionesses winning against Germany. I am still in disbelief that the ticket I bought over a year ago, turned out to be easily my best ticket buy ever.   What an atmosphere in the stadium, what a result, what a team.  It's finally come home! 


And later today my holiday starts properly, given I regard a holiday as when I get to leave the house and stay left for a while! So I'm off up to Birmingham for a week, and I have tickets for Basketball, Athletics, Hockey x 2, Netball, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Badminton, Diving, Beach Volleyball and the Closing Ceremony. 

And as I'm typing this have discovered that England's men and women are into the final of the Basketball 3 x 3, and my ticket for the basketball tonight is for the all the gold medal matches for the Basketball, so already getting really excited at another chance to cheer on England!

Some days I have 2 sessions so will be running myself ragged crossing Birmingham and hoping to not miss a moment of any action. I can't wait, and I freely admit that this first week of my break, my other priority when not going to sport or watching sport will be finding restaurants to eat ideally at least one decent meal a day if I can!  

I very much doubt I'll read more than a handful of books if that this first week. 

And then on the 9th August I am flying to Sunny Spain, for a week in Salou, for some sun and recovery from the manic week.  Literally all I intend to do is sit, sunbathe (although if the insane heat is still there, it will be shade-bathing instead), swimming, sleeping (yes all the S's) and reading! 

So a two centre holiday of sorts for me that really did kick off on Friday (at least I've been off work since then). My ankles protested on the way back from the cycling, and my legs ache a bit from Wembley, so who knows if I will still be standing by the end of Birmingham, but hoping excitement at seeing so much stuff live will keep me going! 

And as is now customary on my "I'm disappearing" posts, here is what is currently on my review TBR, and thus what I will be picking from while I'm away.   

As always if you have any suggestions on what I should read from these books then I am all ears, I'd love to hear from you.   


So what do you think of this selection? What do you fancy reading? Which ones are you sick of me still having not read from the past few holiday looks at my TBRs (I promise I do try to read some of the older books from time to time),

I love hearing your thoughts, and given I can be indecisive, have been known to base next book decisions on holiday, from what is suggested. 

And does anyone else think I have far too many books with blue covers?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...