Friday 19 August 2022

Book Review - An Italian Dream by Kate Frost

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: An Italian Dream
Author: Kate Frost
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 7th July 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

Best friends since childhood, Fern Chambers and Stella Shaw have been through everything together and are at a crossroads in their lives.

Carefree Stella has a monumental secret and down trodden Fern’s happy life is not all it seems.

With their 40th birthdays approaching, a luxury holiday to the island of Capri is a chance for them to reconnect, let their hair down and celebrate in style. But untold truths and frustration bubble beneath the surface, turning what should be a holiday of a lifetime into an opportunity to make life-changing decisions.

Far from home, where anything feels possible, secrets are revealed, heartache is shared, love discovered and new friendships forged.

Will their Italian dream turn into a nightmare or lead to newfound happiness?

I absolutely adored the island of Capri when I visited on a cruise ship excursion, so I truly felt transported back there with this wonderful story.

Fern and Stella have been best friends forever and when Stella wins some money on the lottery she decides to treat them to a holiday of a lifetime to celebrate their 40th Birthdays.

What soon becomes apparent is that Stella is hiding things,  that Amber, Ferns daughter may know something about that Fern is oblivious.  Even as a reader I had pieced some of the truth together before Fern.

I was made to feel rather hungry by the tantalising descriptions of Italian food.  And I could really picture Capri as we are taken on day trips. Not to mention a split for a few days of differing holiday plans. 

I suspect I would have gone with Stella on that one!

It's a story of two women making changes in their lives for the better and I devoured it over the course of an afternoon in the garden that was so hot that I could have been in Italy myself. 

Left me with a smile and great desire to discover what stunning location Kate Frost will write about next.  

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have read honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...