Monday 16 October 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #74


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Votes -  Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber 
9 Votes - Charlee and the Chocolate Shop by Jessica Redland
11 Votes -Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James

In some respects a bit surprised at the result this week, for I honestly thought that Debbie Macomber was a big name and popular, and equally it was Chocolate Week so surprised the book with Chocolate in the title didn't win! However Christmas at the Dancing Duck was brilliant, so I am really happy it won, and hasn't ended up potentially in a large backlog! 

It's official, its the run up to Christmas, give or take Halloween, hence its time for us to do a few weeks of Christmas random reads, or until I run out of eligible books! This is purely as I only like reading them at this time of year, and never like having too many left over year to year! For the next couple of months, there will only be 3 choices each week due to the smaller pool to pick from. I have added in this year a few of the wintery sounding books too, just for a bit of variety!  

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...

And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 3 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



4 - An Auchenvale Christmas by Emily Anne Brandon - My BFF and fellow blogger keeps telling me to read this author, so I bought all her books her other month and one just happens to be Christmassy!
6 - Christmas at the Little Knitting Box by Helen Rolfe - I remember sitting with Helen Rolfe in a bar when she was telling me about this book before anything had been announced and that I was thinking it sounded great. Not sure what happened as I clearly haven't read it yet!
14 - Winter at West Sands Guest House by Maggie Conway - Debut novel by an author who seems friendly on twitter, and her publisher told me to download this from Netgalley. I hope its good! 

Unlike last week, I have only read one of these authors, so who knows a new favourite could be hiding in one of the other two.  I will be very curious to see how this one evolves over the next few days! Enjoy !

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

19 comments:

  1. I love Helen J Rolfe's books and I love knitting, so it has to be Christmas at the Little Knitting Box by Helen J Rolfe.
    What happens to the books that don't get picked? Do they go back onto the list to be chosen another day, or do you decide not to read them at all?
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Twitter@

    mma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 13m13 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Winter at a west Sands Guest House. Like last week I have this one too. Loved the look of it since I saw the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the sounds of An Auchenvale Christmas by Emily Anne Brandon. A Christmas set in Scotland will be my pick.

    Happy reading Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so mean you know I love 2 of these authors and I have read both but considering you haven't tried Emily yet I'm going for 4 - An Auchenvale Christmas by Emily Anne Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter at West Sands Guest House by Maggie Conway is my choice. It sounds cosy and may have a few surprises in store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter at West Sands Guest House by Maggie Conway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas at the Little Knitting Box by Helen Rolfe ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Suze Lavender‏ @SuzeLavender 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Winter at West Sands Guest House looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Facebook:

    Linda Tilling Winter at West Sands Guest House for me 😀💜📚

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Facebook

    Pauline Humphries Christmas at the knitting box for me but I do love to knit

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Facebook:

    Emily Anne Brandon I vote for meeeeeee 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Facebook:

    Holly Martin Knitting box. That cover is soooo cute. Though i love the Maggie conway cover too. Ahh too hard. Ok 1 point to knitting box, half a point to maggie conway

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to go on covers alone (sorry authors!) and chose the middle one: Christmas at the Little Knitting Box. It looks stylish and professional. (The others do look nice too though!)

    Love @LizziePagewrite

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey‏ @kentlass123 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    3rd one x

    ReplyDelete
  15. From Twitter:

    Beth Good‏ @BethGoodWriter 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Helen's book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. From twitter:

    Jessica Redland‏ @JessicaRedland 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Please pick @HJRolfe :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. From Twitter:

    Avril Tremayne‏ @AvrilTremayne 1h1 hour ago
    More Avril Tremayne Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    I collect snow domes (I have about 500 from all over the world) so the choice if obvious to me...

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Twitter:

    Lilac Mills‏ @LilacMills 17m17 minutes ago
    More Lilac Mills Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    Christmas at the Little Knitting Box is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...