Monday 30 October 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #76


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

3 Votes -  Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber 
7 Votes - Christmas Secrets in Snowflake Cove by Emily Harvale
21 Votes - Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair by Heidi Swain

Well that was an overwhelmingly decisive decision, and what a great one it was - I loved the book so much that my "review" is a set of thoughts that I hope make sense - or just go buy the book in short! 

It's official, its the run up to Christmas, give or take Halloween (tomorrow!), hence its time for us to do a few weeks of Christmas random reads, or until I run out of eligible books! This is purely as I only like reading them at this time of year, and never like having too many left over year to year! For the next couple of months, there will only be 3 choices each week due to the smaller pool to pick from. I have added in this year a few of the wintery sounding books too, just for a bit of variety!  

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 3 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



9 - Jenny Kane's Christmas Collection by Jenny Kane - This is a collection of Christmas Jenny Kane short stories that I bought last year. I have since read one of her full length books and really enjoyed it so would love to get stuck into this collection. 
14 - The Snow Rose by Lulu Taylor - An author I always tend to enjoy, I really do need to catch up on reading all of her wintery covered books! 
15 - Winter at the West Sands Guest House by Maggie Conway - This put up a decent showing a couple of weeks ago, but will it win this time?

This is an interesting looking selection, I suspect there could be an overwhelming winner again but equally I can also see it being a three way time! Honestly not sure what my gut desire from these three would be pulling me towards, luckily its not me that has to make the decision! Have fun! 

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

19 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about any of the books but if they were side by side on a bookshop shelf, the one whose cover made me pick it up first would be The Snow Rose
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the same reason as Jane above, I would pick Winter at West Sands Guest House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Difficult choice just from the covers. I love The Snow Rose's cover and the way the gates draw you along that path. But, my family ran a guest house when I was growing up which was closed in winter, so I a going for West Sands Guest House to see what we missed by closing between November and March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter: Ella Louise Creasey‏ @kentlass123 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    3rd one xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 35m35 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Torn between Lulu Taylor and Maggie Conway, have them both. Will go for Maggie's. Great selections the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover of The Snow Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  7. tough choice this week as they all look fab! I'd pick Snow Rose first I think on the cover alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Snow Rose gets my vote too. I also have a few of her wintry books to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Based on the fact I have just finished a book about guest houses I will go with 14 - The Snow Rose by Lulu Taylor no other logic than that lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    IanWilfred‏ @Ianwilfred39 5m5 minutes ago
    More IanWilfred Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    A difficult week @gilbster1000 I'm looking forward to @conwaymd910 and I love @JennyKaneAuthor books but I'm a HUGE @MissLuluTaylor fan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easy one this week - definitely Winter at West Sands Guest House because it's chick lit, it's a full-length novel and it's set in Scotland.

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Bernadette Maycock‏ @BRMaycock 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Have to say @jennykaneauthor just because I'm projecting what I'm in the mood for onto you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Eva M.‏ @noveldeelights 46s46 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Cover love decides my vote again so Maggie Conway

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Snow Rose appeals most on cover alone to me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cover of The Snow Rose so here's hoping what's inside is just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Twitter:

    Suze Lavender‏ @SuzeLavender 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    The Snow Rose looks great, I love the title ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. They all look lovely but Snow Rose has got instant appeal - and scrolling back I see lots of people feel the same. I like the tagline 'some secrets are impossible to bear' but then I like a bit of heartache at Christmas!

    @LizziePagewrite

    ReplyDelete
  18. Winter at West Sands Guest house gets my vote Rachel .

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the look of the Snow Rose by Lulu Taylor. I've not read any of her books yet but I have her new one on my TBR pile. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...