Monday 23 October 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #75


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

5 Votes -  An Auchenvale Christmas by Emily Anne Brandon
6 Votes - Winter at West Sands Guest House by Maggie Conway
8 Votes - Christmas at the Little Knitting Box by Helen Rolfe

What an incredibly close vote that was I really wasn't sure which book I would be reading until I counted them all up. Having now read Christmas at the Little Knitting Box I'm so glad it won,such a fabulous book and has reminded me that I really need to read more of the Helen Rolfe books I have on my kindle. 

It's official, its the run up to Christmas, give or take Halloween, hence its time for us to do a few weeks of Christmas random reads, or until I run out of eligible books! This is purely as I only like reading them at this time of year, and never like having too many left over year to year! For the next couple of months, there will only be 3 choices each week due to the smaller pool to pick from. I have added in this year a few of the wintery sounding books too, just for a bit of variety!  

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...



And the books these numbers correspond to are...



So the 3 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



4 - Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber - Lovely author, know I'll enjoy this book, but it didn't win the other week when it was up for the vote! 
5 - Christmas Secrets in Snowflake Cove by Emily Harvale  - Amazingly beautiful cover that I revealed last week and an author that I truly love reading
6 - Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair by Heidi Swain - At the risk of being repetitive another author that I love and a book that I really want to read. 

If I was picking, which thankfully I'm not, I have no clue where I'd start this week so good luck! I loved all three of these authors, I have read significant amounts of each of their books, they can definitely all write a good Christmas book - all I ask is please not a tie, as I don't want to pick! 

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

31 comments:

  1. Christmas Secrets in Snowflake Cove by Emily Harvale - I only discovered her as a writer a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed the first of her books that I read.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the cover alone, and because I've enjoyed her writing before, I'm voting for the Heidi Swain book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Twitter:

    IanWilfred‏ @Ianwilfred39 3h3 hours ago
    More IanWilfred Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    Which book should @gilbster1000 read this week my vote Rachel is with @Heidi_Swain you will love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Another great selection. Hard to choose but my vote goes for Heidi Swain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Twitter:

    sally cunliffe‏ @sallyanncunl 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Heidi Swain. I am in a festive reading mood this week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    Gemma‏ @GemmaWiles 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Voting for Sleigh Bells and Silver Bells... @Heidi_Swain - Gorgeous cover and one I have on my own TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Facebook:

    Sharyn Farnaby I've just finished the Heidi Swain and enjoyed it. Bit early for Christmas books for me but it came up on my random kindle selector.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of Christmas secrets in snowflake Cove by Emily Harvale -so I am choosing this one Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Twitter:

    Jeanie Nic Fhionnlaigh Heidi jo swain FANTASTIC book I think it's her best have read all her books fantastic author xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. from Twitter:

    Lisa Bentley‏ @LJBentley27 33m33 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Heidi Swain's book. I like the cover x d

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Facebook:

    Jenni Keer Heidi. Deffo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Facebooks: Eva Dee Merckx Once again purely based on covers, my vote goes to Sleigh Rides

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Facebook - Sylvia Cobersy Debbie maccomber

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Kirsty Caffrey‏ @KirstyCaffrey 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Definitely Emily Harvale, her books are fab. They leave you feeling all cosy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. From Twitter:

    Michaela Morgan‏ @Pinkgems 8s8 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I think you should read Christmas Secrets in Snowflake Cove by @emilyharvale

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Twitter:

    Amanda Geeves‏ @Amandajayne28 10m10 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Christmas secrets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another 2 horse race this week but based purely on cover because I love the authors it's going to have to be 6 - Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair by Heidi Swain

    ReplyDelete
  18. From TwitteR:

    Helen W‏ @helenwill28 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I think you should read the Emily Harvale @emilyharvale her books are fabulicious

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Twitter:

    Angela Tulloch 12days of Christmas fantastic story , read in one day

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely Heidi Swain’s new one ❄️🎄 SR x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Heidi Swain this week x

    ReplyDelete
  22. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey‏ @kentlass123 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Heidi swain,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Christmas Secrets in Snowflake Cove and Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair both sound fantastic, and I love both authors too. I think I'm going for the Heidi Swain one, because it's already published.
    I want to read both right now, though! But in Basel (Switzerland) where I live we have our autumn fair starting this weekend so I thought I would wait to read the really Christmassy books until that's over (that's still three weeks to go though =( )
    By the way, I tried to vote last week for An Auchenvale Christmas, but every time I pressed "publish" it disappeared into the ether...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I vote for 'twelve days of christmas' because I like the underdog ;)

    @lizziepagewrite

    ReplyDelete
  25. From Twitter: Maxine Morrey Author‏ @Scribbler_Maxi 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I'm sure you'll read the fabulous Heidi at some point anyway, but I do love the colours of the middle one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Heidi Swain book as I have this to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. From Twitter:

    Emma‏ @emsb84 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Sleigh rides and silver bells at the Christmas fair!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Because I love the cover and also because she's so lovely, I'd choose Heidi's Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This week's choices are tough. I am going to go for Emily's Christmas Secrets in Snowflake Cove, though I love Heidi's too. Lx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...