Friday 12 April 2019

Book Review - Return To Lily Pond Lane by Emily Havale

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Return to Lily Pond Lane
Author: Emily Harvale
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Crescent Gate Publishing
Publisher: Author supplied copy
Publication Date: 26th February 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


Life couldn’t be better for Mia and her friends in Little Pondale – until tragedy strikes... 

Mia Ward is on cloud nine after a magical Christmas and New Year and she isn’t the only one. Everyone on Lily Pond Lane seems to be living in blissful harmony. Until tragedy strikes… not once, but twice. And as Hettie Turner points out: ‘Bad things always come in threes.’ 

Whilst the other residents of Little Pondale are wondering what might happen next, Mia is busy worrying about her friends, and trying to help them with their grief. But she needs to be careful. Just when she thought she had everything, there’s a very real chance she might lose the only thing she truly wants. 

If you enjoy reading Sarah Morgan, Holly Martin, Cathy Bramley, Bella Osborne and Debbie Johnson, this book is for you. 

I am so enjoying my visits to Lily Pond Lane and my first thought on finishing this book was - omg I need more, I don't want to wait for the next one! 

Those dark clouds on the cover are very relevant, there some really bad things that happen in this book early on, and its how everyone recovers from them that is so key to the story.   

I loved seeing how Jet and Mia were getting on, given they were now living together.  And also meeting up with old friends all around Little Pondale.   

This was such a warm and cosy read, full of great moments, and although I would have loved to have read it in one go, I was just too tired, but overnight anytime I was even remotely more alert than asleep, my mind was wondering what was going on in Little  Pondale, and I was chomping at the bit to read the rest of it. 

Even if you haven't read previous books in this series, I do feel it will work well as a standalone. There are relevant snippets or reminders of backstory, in a way that you get the gist even if you don't know fully what was happening.   Although why you would want to miss out on any of the other fab books is beyond me! 

i really loved every second of this book and once again amazed at how talented Emily Harvale is. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...