Tuesday 16 April 2019

Book Review - Sorry Not Sorry by Sophie Ranald

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Sorry Not Sorry
Author: Sophie Ranald
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: 13th February 2019
Rating: 4 Stars


A fabulously feel-good novel that will make you laugh till you cry and leave you living life to the full, margarita in hand! 

Is this all there is? I scraped the last dregs of Caramel Chew Chew ice cream out of the bottom of the tub with my finger and licked it. It left a sticky smear on my phone’s screen when I typed into Google, “How to find love, sex and happiness.”

Charlotte has always been a good girl. But being good is getting boring…

She’s not just stuck in a rut – she’s buried in it up to her chin. The only company she has in bed is the back catalogue of Netflix and falling in love feels like the stuff of fairy tales. So when she stumbles across a popular podcast, ‘Sorry Not Sorry’, which challenges women to embrace their inner bad girl, she jumps at the chance to shake things up.

Old Charlotte would never ask for a stranger’s number, go on a blind date or buy lacy lingerie… But New Charlotte is waving goodbye to her comfort zone (with a side order of margaritas). And it turns out that good things happen to bad girls…

After a bit of a slow start, where I was struggling to work out who worked where, and what all the characters connections were - admittedly I was very tired when I read the first half of the book, which possibly affected my initial enjoyment - I'm glad I continued as I thoroughly enjoyed the second half of the book. 

What really intrigued me initially and kept me reading was the pod cast series that Charlotte was following called Sorry Not Sorry, all about getting in touch with your inner bad girl. I loved all the various challenges that were set and how Charlotte tried to embrace them. 

There were a couple of men in the book and I always had a weird inkling who she may end up with.  I really enjoyed the hot and steamy times she had with Miles, the office architect, although whether I ever trusted him would be another matter. 

Getting to know Tansy, Charlottes new flat mate was enjoyable, and I was interested in what she was clearly hiding.  And when the secret was revealed it made me think too. 

After around 50% was when I became properly engaged with the story, and found it was coming together in my mind more. I found I was really caring about the characters, and was interested to see how various situations would resolve themselves.  

There are even a good selection of people to hate if you are that way incline, and Charlotte's job exhausted me just thinking about it. 

An enjoyable book, and the hint in the notes at the back that we may get more books featuring  Tansy and Adam, Charlotte's other flatmates is rather intriguing, and I really hope we do as I'd love to get to know Tansy even more. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for this copy which i have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...