Tuesday 3 September 2019

Book Review - After The End by Clare Mackintosh

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: After The End
Author: Clare Mackintosh
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Sphere
Publication Date: 25th June 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

Max and Pip are the strongest couple you know. Only now they're facing the most important decision of their lives - and they don't agree.

As the consequences of an impossible choice threaten to devastate them both, nothing will ever be the same again.

But anything can happen after the end . . ..

Words are failing me in light if the utter brilliance that is this book.  My emotions have taken a complete pounding and you really are left with food for thought. 

After all who knows how you would react if it was your decision, your child, your impossible choice.

And this is a book that looks not just at the choices, but also how life may play out afterwards.

It is moving, compassionate and a completely immersive story, and it's one that I feel very privileged to have read.

Having read Clare Mackintosh's previous books and loved them, I had been concerned about this change of direction, until I started reading. At which point I came to the conclusion that she is just simply a brilliant writer and can grip a reader over assorted subjects. 

What a powerful book and certainly not one I'll forget in a hurry. One of the best books I've read this year. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Sphere for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...