Wednesday 25 September 2019

Book Review - Christmas at Frozen Falls by Kiley Dunbar

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Christmas at Frozen Falls
Author: Kiley Dunbar
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Hera 
Publication Date: 4th September 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

Christmas magic can thaw the coldest of hearts…

Sylvie Magnusson is going to be lonely this Christmas. Instead of jetting off for her
sunshine honeymoon, she’s freezing at home in Cheshire. Guess that’s what happens when your fiancé dumps you a week before your wedding…

Sylvie’s best friend, Nari, plans a trip to see the Northern Lights and get Sylvie’s mojo back. But as their Lapland getaway approaches, Sylvie realises that Frozen Falls is the hometown of Stellan Virtanen, her dreamy Finnish ex-boyfriend, the one that got away. Even though he actually ran away, and Sylvie never understood why…

Luckily, when they meet, Stellan’s still gorgeous – and her heart is warmed when he shows her the romantic delights of Lapland (as well as some seriously adorable Husky puppies). But when she returns to England can she really leave Stellan behind? Or will she find that her heart belongs in the frozen North?

Curl up with the perfect cosy Christmas read this winter. Fans of Sarah Morgan and
Carole Matthews will adore this feel good, heart-warming romcom.

It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas or at least Winter, and having read Christmas at Frozen Falls, I just want to pack my bags and spend Christmas this year in Lapland. 

Ok in reality its a tiny bit too cold for my liking, so I'll probably spend it in a much warmer destination - but wow who wouldn't want to go husky sledding,  take a sleigh ride with real reindeer and generally spend a few days at the place that we all know the real Santa lives! 

This really is a bit of Christmas magic, seeing how Sylvie and Nari take a last min trip to Lapland, and go to the resort where  Sylvie's ex-boyfriend Stellan is from and might be there.   In fact we get to meet not only Stellan but also reindeer herder Niilo, who believes Nari may be his soulmate. 

Frozen Falls is such a gorgeous location for book,  I really felt I was there alongside Sylvie and Nari, its utterly stunning, and if it can't ignite some Christmas feeling in you then nothing will. 

I loved seeing how both ladies interacted with their potential romances, and as well as being on holiday together they spend quite a bit of time apart. 

It is clear that Finnish Lapland has been well researched with mentions of Finnish customs, and odd phrases in Finnish put in too for flavour.  I loved learning about the sauna customs, and also the mentions that Finn men are slightly quieter, less demonstrative than the male species of other Scandinavian countries. 

Oh and the huskies, just how adorable are they.  Please can I have a husky puppy for Christmas, I really want to give one a big cuddle, and if i had a team of them, I'd be able to rather unique transport!!  They really are great and Sylvie spends quite a bit of time with the dogs in this, as she is even more enchanted than I am with them. 

Christmas at Frozen Falls is a wonderful start to my Christmas reading this year,  its full of festive feeling, fabulous characters,  friends, family,  snow and all sorts of traditional Lappish food and customs.  I just loved every second of this book.  

This may only be Kiley Dunbar's second book, but I can already tell these are the start of a long writing career (I hope), as I am loving her writing,. I can't wait to see what is next. 

Thank you to Hera and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...