Monday 2 September 2019

Book Review - Foxglove Farm by Christie Barlow

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Foxglove Farm
Author: Christie Barlow
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Publication Date: 28th June 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


Return to Love Heart Lane for friendship, romance and a community who will be be there for you no matter what…

Isla and Drew Allaway appear to have the perfect life – a strong marriage, two beautiful children and their picture-perfect home, Foxglove Farm.

But, new mum Isla is struggling.  She loves her little family but with Drew working all hours on the farm, Isla’s lonely.

When she discovers that Drew has been keeping secrets from her, Isla has to face losing the home they all love.

Can the Love Heart Lane community pull together once more to help save Foxglove Farm?  And can Isla save her home…and her marriage?

I didn't think anything was going to be able top Love Heart Lane in my Christie Barlow greatest hits list.. but it feels like Foxglove Farm has done exactly that. 

It was wonderful being back in Heartcross amongst familiar faces, and although Felicity and Fergus are present, this time the focus of the book is on Felicity's best friend Isla and Drew.  They live on Foxglove Farm and based on the arguments we are greeted with, things aren't going too well. 

However it takes a while for the reader and Isla to get to the root of Drew's bad mood with her, and all manner of circumstances and drama leads up to that point.  

This can easily be read as a standalone book although that would be depriving yourself of another fabulous book, 

From the first few pages I was utterly hooked, and given the majority of this book I read on tube journeys, the fact I managed to get off at the right stops is a mystery to me, as I have no recollection of even moving, I was that engrossed in the story. 

If you are looking for a book that features a lot of drama, a heartwarming and cosy feeling to it, with some big issues touched upon, all with fabulous writing, great location, small town community feeling and some humour, then without a doubt, give this book a try. 

This is a community of characters that has completely got under my skin and I'm already looking forward to Clover Cottage.   What I especially loved about this book was that it was about a married couple who needed to start trusting in each other more, and to not have secrets, rather than a brand new romance.  It just added a fresh vibe to the story. 

I'm not sure I can really explain just how much enjoyment and pleasure this book brought to me. I will admit I had suspicions about one character that proved completely correct, but even guessing part of one bit of plot couldn't detract from the sheer joy of reading more about Heartcross. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper Impulse for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...