Wednesday 17 March 2021

Book Review - A Day That Changed Everything by Beth Moran

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: A Day That Changed Everything 
Author: Beth Moran
Format reviewed: Ebook 
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 24th March 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Amy Piper is in need of a bit of luck. She’s lost her confidence, her mojo and her way.

But one thing she has never lost is her total love for her thirteen-year-old son Joey, and for his sake she knows it’s time for a change. But first she has to be brave enough to leave the house…

What she needs are friends and an adventure. And when she joins a running group of women who call themselves The Larks, she finds both. Not to mention their inspiring (and rather handsome) coach, Nathan.

The trick to changing your life, is to take it one day at a time. Now, with every ounce of strength she has left, Amy is determined to make just one day special - for herself and for Joey. And who knows, today might be the day that changes everything…

Uplifting, funny and unforgettable, Beth Moran returns with a joyous tale of friendship, love and facing your fears.

Inspiring, uplifting, exhilarating, easily one of the best books I've read recently, if not in a long while. 

But yet although I was interested enough by the blurb to request to review the book, it then sat languishing on my kindle for almost a year, until it opened when I picked it at random. And even opening it for no apparent reason my heart sank as for some unknown reason I'd convinced myself this was a mistake to read. 

Which just goes to show my gut feelings of wanting to request and read a book are far far smarter, than when you let something build up in your mind, until you are second guessing yourself. 

Which isn't quite the same as but rather similar to what the theme of this book is (although mine is a far more trivial example) is all about. 

Within the first few pages, once the voice in my brain shut up, and I started reading, I was hooked and knew I was reading something quite special. 

Amy Piper has been agoraphobic for years, but she now wants to overcome it, to be the best mum she can be to her 13 year old son Joey. This story is her day by day attempt to overcome her illness and to regain her life back. 

At times it's a bit tough to read, but the rest you are willing her on, hoping she will make the next breakthrough. It's sensitively written, but at the same time will have you smiling, as things progress. 

Amy just wanted to be able to live more of a life, she didn't expect to find real friends, and possibly even have feelings for anyone.  And we learn what went on in her past, and how it has shaped her, some of which I found fascinating. 

This is a completely joyous gem of a book, so don't b a fool like me and delay reading this, it's fabulous, it had me smiling, it had me gripped, its just one stunning story, and I suspect one that will stay with me for a long while. 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily,

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...