Monday 9 August 2021

Book Review - The Beach House by P. R. Black

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Beach House
Author: P. R. Black
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Aria
Publication Date: 16th January 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

This vacation is about to turn deadly...
Cora's on the island vacation of her dreams: a private beach in paradise, a romantic proposal, and an eight-figure cheque following the sale of her new fiancé’s business.

When their island turns out to be not so private after all, Cora tries to make the best of a bad situation by inviting their strangely friendly neighbours to celebrate with them.

But it doesn't take long for her once-in-a-lifetime holiday to take a very sinister turn...

It was definitely the cover that first attracted me to this book and then the blurb, as I do love anything set on a holiday.  Yet it then sat on my kindle for over a year before I had a chance to read it and I went in blind. 

I really had no idea what to expect other than for it to be quite dark at some point - so the relatively sedate opening, took me a bit by surprise, but I really enjoyed getting to know Cora and Jonathan, being happy with their new proposal and impressed with Jonathan's business dealings. 

But then there are a few weird occurrences but even then I had absolutely no idea what turns this book was going to take.  What resulted was the second half of the book is full of action, fast paced, and at no point was I sure exactly what I could believe or not. 

Full of drama this is fabulous, and had me on the edge of my seat and completely gripped and wrapped up in the story.  For this turns out to be anything but at a holiday of a lifetime, but yet it will for Cora be remembered forever but not for the reasons you may first be thinking. 

This is the first book I've read from the author and if this is an indication of their skills, then I'd certainly be happy to read more in the future. 

Thank you to Aria and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...