Wednesday 11 August 2021

Book Review - The Promise of Summer by Bella Osborne

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Promise of Summer
Author: Bella Osborne
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 22nd July 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

Ruby’s life is about to change for ever…

After years of dating losers, cheats and one guy who did something unrepeatable to her kettle, Ruby has all but given up on romance. But then a stranger sits next to her on a train to London and explains his plan to propose to the woman of his dreams. Maybe true love does exist after all?

When the man accidentally leaves the engagement ring behind, Ruby is determined to save the day. But she hasn't counted on fellow passenger Curtis stepping in and insisting he should be the one to track the stranger down.   
 
As summer closes in, the unlikely pair make a promise to reunite the ring with its owner. But can they find their own happy ever after along the way?

Well I was hooked into the story within the first chapter and my absorption and love of it didn't wane throughout. 

There are so many threads running through this book, some I kind of guessed correctly the outcomes of, some I desperately wanted my ideas to be the truth, and others were just so lovely and at all times I was enjoying what I was reading so much. 

Although Ruby is the main character, I also loved the chapters focusing on Kim, her boss and best friend, who has some great storylines of her own, including one with a new four legged friend that is so heartwarming. 

But for me the standout character is Curtis, I absolutely adored him.  He's not the easiest to describe, but has such a way about him that once you are used to his speech patterns and have an idea of how he thinks, he is quite adorable and really just lovely! 

And what of the stranger on the train, that Ruby starts chatting to as mentioned in the blurb, well his initial actions are essentially the catalyst for Ruby and Curtis' budding friendship and I was just as invested as Ruby was in finding him again! 

I'm a massive fan already of Bella Osborne, and this is just another example of a fabulous book from a talented author.  I wasn't really sure what to expect in terms of plot as don't think I'd even looked at the blurb, and was incredibly happy with what was delivered. 

Thoroughly enjoyable, what a fantastic book! 

Thank you to Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

1 comment:

  1. I love books by Bella Osborne and this one sounds so good. I have it on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...