Tuesday 3 August 2021

Book Review - Vicki's Work of Heart by Rosie Dean

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Vicki's Work of Heart
Author: Rosie Dean
Format reviewed: Ebook 
Source: Author Supplied Copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 26th March 2014
Rating: 4 Stars

Contemporary Romantic Comedy
Stranded at the altar, knee-deep in her fiancé’s gambling debts, Vicki Marchant seizes her freedom and moves to France, to paint.
It’s her time. No man will get in the way of her ambition again.
She learns two things: some men are hard to resist and her judgement of them is still on the dodgy side.

I've been meaning to read a Rosie Dean book for years, so when I had the opportunity to review Vicki's Work of Heart, I jumped at it. 

And what a lovely story it is, with Vicki Marchant having some really poor taste in men,  which is rather amusing and although you knew at least one of them was clearly hiding something, I honestly didn't quite guess what it was that made him such a bad choice for Vicki. 

And I loved the French countryside, and Vicki's quest to become an artist, as she has a year in France. 

It's a really gentle story, enjoyable and certainly the sort of book that would be great to while away a few hours in the sun.  In fact ha I read this on holiday I would have probably found it a rather quick read, but my concentration was lacking a bit while I did read it.  

It's just a lovely book, of Vicki trying to follow her dreams, and encountering various obstacles along the way. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...