Wednesday 11 August 2021

It's that time again... I'm finally off on holiday!

 As followers of my blog probably will know by now, that I love a holiday and try to go away as much as I can in a year.  Obviously since the pandemic has begun I've barely had a break, I managed by some miracle to get to Malta last year for a fortnight, but other than taking a few weeks off to sit at home in tier 4 (essentially lockdown) over Christmas - I've barely stopped for any proper rest and relaxation. 

Of course with the ever changing green, amber and red list and barely being able to work out what the foreign travel rules are, I decided to play safe, and stay in the UK, and I'm already aware this is working out to by my most expensive holiday ever - and there is no guarantee of sun... so please cross your fingers for me that heatwave returns!!  I need it.

So where am I off to? Well I'm spending 3 nights in Southampton, before boarding Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas for a 8 night UK Isles cruise, and then disembarking and heading to Bournemouth for 5 nights - meaning a nice 16 nights away, full of rest, relaxation and possibly running around like a headless chicken for the duration of the cruise to make the most of everything on offer. 

Just take a look at this little video about the ship I'm staying on, although not everything will be open due to Covid protocols. 


I'm hoping for many days of either sunbathing, or trivia quizzes, great entertainment, good food and just a lot of fun.  And the beauty of the ship portion of the holiday is if the Great British weather is as nightmarish as it has been - well there is always something going on indoors! 

The ship is stopping in Inverness, Glasgow, Orkney Isles and Liverpool but the excursions on offer don't appeal, and you are only being allowed off on a ship excursion to keep the ship as a big bubble. 

And of course my other aim of the holiday is as always to catch up on some reading! Last year in Malta I read 34 books, and previous holidays 33 and 36. Now this is a longer holiday but I most likely for large parts of it be more active - so have no idea how many books I'll read, but given my kindle goes everywhere with me I'm sure I will make a dent on my review TBR. 

As per all my other holiday blog posts, this is the point where I show you just what is currently on my review TBR, and ask for your recommendations as to which I should definitely read this trip, what you would like to see reviews of sooner than later (although some of these probably won't hit my blog until next year, just depends how I schedule everything. 

So what do you think of this massive selection of books that are all on my kindle waiting patiently for me to get to them?!







So which book should I kick off my holiday reading with, I had a few ideas but given I have to take multiple tubes and trains, I'm thinking something that I know will mean I may miss stops may not be my smartest idea! 

Have you read any of these, or what are you looking forward to from these?

I'd love to know - and I'll be back on 30th August to regular posting but watch out on 19th August I apparently I have a review still scheduled for The Happy Family by Jackie Kabler for her paperback publication day! (Spoiler alert - it was fabulous!). 


And if you are off anywhere over the next few weeks have a fabulous time and above all stay safe! Oh and show me pics!!

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering about that cruise, Rachel so hope the weather holds out for you. Wel-Gel you managed to get to Malta last year; it's my second home and a couple of my books are based there. I'd be tempted to leave the snow/Christmas ones for now, but the rest look great. Shame you haven't any short story collections whilst tube/train hopping but for some reason 'To Sir with love' caught my eye. Showing my age now. Have a great holiday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I've already started on the Christmas reading, but I will definitely be mixing it up while I'm away I think. Hmm To Sir With Love could be a good candidate for book 1 of the trip, should be an easy enough read from what I know of the author, while hopefully not making me lose my real life bearings!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your holiday! I hope you get to read most if not all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can recommend The House on Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale. Have read and reviewed and given 5* Have a great holiday Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...