Sunday 30 June 2019

Book Review - Dying To Meet You by Rich Amooi

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Dying To Meet You
Author: Rich Amooi
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 10th May 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


Liz Parker doesn’t like surprises, but winning the lottery isn’t something she would complain about. Before she has time to think about how to spend her new fortune, she’s hit with an even bigger shock than unexpected wealth. She has three months to live unless she finds a one-in-a-million bone marrow donor.

While her medical team scrambles to locate her miracle, Liz throws together a bucket list, charters a private jet, and takes off to see the world. The journey of a lifetime holds even more surprises, including the hunky pilot she’s falling for at the most inconvenient time.

Will Liz die before she can realize her happily-ever-after, or will the universe come through for her one more time? Find out in this humorous tale of true love and adventure!

I think is the book that has catapulted Rich Amooi for me from an author whose books I rather like, to a drop everything and start reading the next book the second its out, sort of author, and I possibly should go buy up the back catalogue too - as I loved this book so so much. 

I was devouring large amounts of pages in what I thought were relatively short sittings, I didn't think I'd read that long and then I saw how much the percentage jumped and realised I was completely absorbed in the book and just needed to keep reading.  My only regret was not ignoring real life for a few more hours when I started it and not having read it one sitting, as it would have been so pleasurable to do. 

From the blurb you may be a bit unsure whether this really is going to be an upbeat romantic comedy and I can assure you it is - yes there is a rare life threatening illness, but it doesn't define Liz at all.  In fact the way she deals with both the massive lottery win, and her illness is nothing short of inspirational. 

It was also incredibly refreshing to read a romantic comedy focused around a pair of 50 year old protagonists,  it's clear life has shaped them, but that they are still full of joie de vivre and between Liz, pilot Adam and first officer Orlando - they embark on a whistle stop bucket list trip across three continents. 

Liz is a very caring, completely selfless person, and watching her change from someone who loves research and structure, into one able to cope with spontaneity is wonderful to see.  

Then there is the trip itself featuring Peru, an African Safari and Bastille Day (and clearly the author added one little piece of dialogue that left me in no doubt that the book had either been written or edits rather recently, relating to a big occurrence in Paris). 

There was not a moment of this book that I didn't love.  I just wish I had been on the trip alongside them all as it sounded magical.  

It's an uplifting story about beating the odds, proving how precious time really is, living life to the full, and about generosity of spirit. 

In short, I loved it, and definitely go and give this one a try, its comes incredibly highly recommended.   I now just have to sit and impatiently wait for Rich Amooi's next book! 

Thank you to to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy that you enjoyed it. Hugs from San Diego.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...