Monday 17 June 2019

Book Review - Schoolgirl Missing by Sue Fortin - #HolidayReading Thailand

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Schoolgirl Missing
Author: Sue Fortin
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper
Publication Date: 10th January 2019
Rating: 4 Stars


HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GIRL?

When fourteen-year-old Poppy vanishes on a family boating trip, suspicion soon turns close to home – to the two people who should do everything to keep her safe, her parents, Kit and Neve.

Neve has a secret. Kit is lying.
Everyone is watching.
Who do you believe?

Another cracking and suspenseful book from Sue Fortin, who kept me guessing throughout. 

Initially I thought I could predict everything, but then realised the set up would be too predictable if I was correct and I'm delighted to say that it became really hard to guess the truth the whole way through. 

The more I got to know Neve and Kit the less I liked them, I felt fro them that Phoebe had gone missing, but I much preferred Phoebe to her parents. 

She is a rather vulnerable young adult, with learning difficulties, so  the fact she disappeared was rather worrying.  

Oddly I was more eager to work out how / why than actual concern for her. 

This was a story with many layers to it, all sorts of unsavoury seemingly normal people, and it became rather addictive towards the end. 

Another incredibly gripping story from one of my favourite suspense authors, 

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a great review, Rachel and your lovely comments. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...