Wednesday 19 June 2019

Book Review - Le Tour de Love by Lilac Mills

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Le Tour de Love
Author: Lilac Mills
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self published
Publication Date: 31st March 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


“…the opportunity of a lifetime.”

When physiotherapist Molly Matthews is offered a dream job by a guy who shaves his legs and has an obsession with his bicycle, she has serious doubts about accepting. But, as she keeps telling herself, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime and she’ll never get another chance like this. So, she does what anyone in her position would do – she agrees to join a professional cycling team for the most prestigious race in the cycling world – The Tour de France.
The reality, though, isn’t exactly what she had anticipated; instead of eating out at restaurants in pretty French villages and spending her free time lounging around the hotel pool, Molly finds herself living out of a suitcase for three weeks, massaging eight pairs of sweaty legs, administering ice baths and treating saddle sores.
And neither did she anticipate falling for a gorgeous, passionate, professional rider by the name of Alexander Duvall…

I absolutely adored this book and the pages literally couldn't turn fast enough, took me under 3 hours to read it - 2 tube journeys and while eating in a restaurant!  

I've read all of Lilac Mills books so far, and this is definitely my favourite, after all it combines cycling with romance, all set to a French backdrop, and specifically  The Tour de France. 

As much as I love sport, I'm more of a track cycling fan, although I always promise myself that I really should watch the Tour de France, especially while there are great British riders in it and competing well each year at the moment.  But I didn't really know much about the nitty gritty of the race, other than what I've read in perhaps one or two other fiction books over the years. 

If you were wanting a beginners guide to the Tour, along with a plucky hero, a heroine who knows nothing about the sport, and everything explained in a really accessible way, then look no further.   I was finding that I was cheering on Team BeSpoke the whole way, especially their top two drivers. 

One of which Alex is the reason that Molly was offered the physio's job with the team for this Tour and beyond,  And suddenly we are thrust alongside her into a whole new world, one which I absolutely loved.  Although I do like her think the cyclists are slightly insane for what they put their bodies through over the course of the race. 

I really understand the team aspect of road cycling a lot more, as well as some of the team member positions.  Any book with a sport involved in it, tends to attract and keep my attention quickly. 

And the interactions between Mollie and Alex were really believable and I loved seeing the way their story developed. 

This really is a feel good book that has had me smiling, as well as slightly nerve wrecking, with some of the race antics... but for the same reason completely enthralling too.  I loved every second of this story and I would absolutely love to see a sequel or series as I think there is a lot the authors could do featuring assorted characters from this book.  

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...