Monday 11 January 2021

Book Review - Rival by Jacqui Rose - #HolidayReading Malta

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Rival
Author: Jacqui Rose
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 6th August 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

AS THE OLD SAYING GOES…
Franny Doyle has one thing in common with Wan Huang, head of the notorious Triads gang: they both want Vaughn Sadler six feet under.
 
KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE
When Harry Jacobs brings Vaughn into his business and his fold, his life is protected – for now.
 
AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER
But when Franny finds out the truth about Wan and Harry’s dark dealings, all hell breaks loose in Soho. And Vaughn is the key to helping Franny with the score she now has to settle Together with Alfie Jennings, they were once a formidable trio. But can bitter enemies once again become allies? Because in a life of crime – no one lets bygones be bygones…
 
THREE GANGSTERS. TWO FUNERALS. ONE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR REVENGE.

I'm sorry but Jacqui Rose, you can't just leave a book there, and expect us to wait for the next one - I want more and I want it now!

Can you possibly tell that I loved this book?

If you have been reading my reviews for a while you will know that this isn't' typically the sort of crime book I'd go for, but yet I'm actually hooked on the author and the series. 

I needed my latest fix of Vaughan, Frankie and Aflie, and to see just what mess they would get themselves into this time. 

Running alongside that there are a multitude of other storylines, including one that made me really feel for all the young girls involved in it, including Ellie, who is a bit of a prick, but at the same time doesn't deserve to be in the situations she finds herself in. 

This is fast paced, keeps you on your toes, you never know who may double cross who as its a world where loyalty rarely exists and on the whole everyone is out for themselves. 

I would love to see Jacqui Rose's books made into a TV series, as they really do have a bit of everything. 

Now bring on the next book already, I need more! 

Thank you to Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...