Wednesday 20 January 2021

Book Review - Sunrise on the Coast by Lilac Mills

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Sunrise on the Coast
Author: Lilac Mills
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Canelo
Publication Date: 6th July 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

When a holiday becomes something more…
Struggling to come to terms with the loss of her mother, Sophie needs to get away from it all. On a much-needed break to Tenerife, she stumbles across a Help Wanted sign for local pensioner, Hugo, and on a leap of faith she accepts the job.

But life on the island isn’t all sun, sea and siestas…

Hugo’s beautiful villa is under threat and, to complicate matters, his brooding (but handsome) nephew, Alex, has shown up full of suspicion towards Sophie.

Her hands full dealing with difficult men and a clearly unreciprocated attraction towards Alex, Sophie needs to decide if her future lies in Tenerife or if her holiday is officially over.

Escape to a Spanish island with this gorgeously uplifting romance, perfect for fans of Holly Martin, Sue Moorcroft and Mandy Baggot.

Since Covid came into our lives the one place I've really wanted to visit was the Canary Islands and specifically Tenerife, mainly to see my sister and also for some much needed winter sun. However well everything conspired against me, so seeing Lilac Mills' new Tenerife set series was a thrill for me. 

I have learnt so much about Mount Teide thanks to Alex who is a volcanologist, and Teide is one of those parts of Tenerife I've never really experienced.  That too can be said of Los Gigantes  which is where Sophie is staying. 

It was great to see how the largest Canary Island was being viewed through the eyes of someone who has never visited before.  And everything Sophie says about the place really does ring true. Especially details of the Calima, which I've heard my sister talk about before. 

I could feel the heat coming off the pages of the lovely weather in Tenerife and it was generally making me rather wistful that I wasn't there myself. 

Sophie is in Tenerife to have a break after losing her mum the month before, and having been her main carer for years, but it soon becomes apparent that she feels a real pull for the island and on a hunch she accepts a job over there. 

This is such an enjoyable story of Sophie growing as a person, and learning to live life again.  It is fabulous for armchair travel, and just a shame it's not currently available in paperback or I'd be buying a copy for my sister! 

Can't wait to read more of Lilac Mills' Tenerife romance series.  Excited to see what other parts of the island are featured. 

Thank you to Canelo and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...