Friday 29 January 2021

Book Review - Summer on a Sunny Island by Sue Moorcroft - #HolidayReading Malta

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Summer on a Sunny Island
Author: Sue Moorcroft
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 30th April 2020 
Rating: 5 Stars

This summer, sparks are flying on the island of Malta…

When Rosa Hammond splits up from her partner Marcus, her Mum Dory suggests a summer in Malta. Not one to sit back and watch her daughter be unhappy, Dory introduces Rosa to Zach, in the hope that romance will bloom under the summer sun. But Rosa’s determined not to be swayed by a handsome man – she’s in Malta to work, after all.

Zach, meanwhile, is a magnet for trouble and is dealing with a fair few problems of his own. Neither Rosa or Zach are ready for love – but does fate have other ideas? And after a summer in paradise, will Rosa ever want to leave?

What better book to read on the sunny island of Malta, than a book set in Malta, in the summer!

And I think I enjoyed it even more as a result of now having a bit of base knowledge about Malta, which made everything in the book seem really authentic. 

I loved getting to know Rosa and her cookbook writer mother Dory.  Thanks to Dory there is plenty of food in this book which is sure to make your taste buds tingle. 

We also have Zach, who has had issues in the past, which have made him into the man he is today, which is ultimately kind hearted and determined to help an underdog. 

He has a large family and I think we get to know his family dynamics rather well and I was finding I cared about all those characters too. 

The main people I enjoyed really disliking is Rosa's ex-Marcus, and her father Glenn, but especially Marcus - who I really can't see why Rosa ever fell for him. 

With an island to explore, Paceville clubs to be seen in, interesting attempts at explaining pronunciation, and a great deal of sun - this is a wonderfully sunny read from one of my favourite authors. 

Thank you to Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this glorious review, Rachel! I really appreciate it. I know your trip to Malta was under unusual conditions but I hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...