Friday 16 September 2016

Funday Friday - Truth or Lie - Christina Philippou - Month 5 Week 3


Welcome to the latest edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering at least 14 questions. There is of course one small twist...

For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the fifth month is 11pm on 29th September 2016. 

So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning contestant, please can you tell me your name and a little bit about yourself?

Hello, Rachel, and thanks for having me. I’m Christina (Philippou). I write contemporary fiction (my debut novel is a story of misunderstandings and mystery, told from four (sometimes conflicting) points of view), and I also have a book blog where I share reads I have enjoyed.
Please to meet you Christina, and welcome back to Rachel's Random Reads where you are becoming a bit of a regular visitor. Always a pleasure to have you! 

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Christina hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) Who is your favourite author?

Tough question – Gillian Flynn and Kate Morton (yes, I know that’s more than one).

2) What book do you wish you had written?

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn or The Corpse Role by Keith Nixon. Pacy, twisted, and clever – everything I aspire to.

3) If you could be an animal what would you be and why?

A Siberian tiger. They are cute but have claws. I love them.

4) What superpower would you love to have?

I’d love to be able to fly. 

5) Please name a cocktail that would describe you perfectly, and what’s in it?

A Flaming Lamborghini. No, I’m not flash, but I am often described as sharp, fiery, but with a sweet side, so a cocktail (that gets set on fire) with sambucca, kahlua, Bailey’s and blue curacao pretty much has that nailed.

6) If you could only read one author for the rest of your life (and I’m aware that’s a very scary world), who would you choose and why?

Gillian Flynn, which would very much warp my view of the world (for the worse), but I love the pace and the twists and the writing style.

7) If you could choose anybody famous to star in the story of your life, who would it be?

Is there a female version of Charlie Sheen? Is that really wrong?

8) Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I love my yoga, enjoy gardening, and never turn down a bake-off. 

9) Did you have an invisible friend as a child? If so please tell me about them. 

I had a whole gang of them. We used to solve mysteries together and save the world. No idea what happened to them. Maybe I should look them up…

10) What would your ideal pet be?

Tropical fish – there’s something very soothing about watching fish swim (plus you don’t have to walk them).

11) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

A selection of folk, classical music, and early noughties RnB.

12) If you could only look at one view for the rest of eternity, what or where would you like to be to see this view?

The sea, preferably from the confines of my sun lounger on a sandy beach. (With my kindle, of course. My kindle doesn’t count as a view, does it?)

13) Can you let us in on an embarrassing secret?

I eat both Nutella and honey with a spoon straight out of their pots. That’s normal, right?

14) What are you most scared of?

Idiots.

Thank you so much for taking part Christina, and no I don't think its wrong to want a female Charlie Sheen to play you in your life film - and Happy Publication day for yesterday. Lost in Static is out now! 

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 

Author Bio

Christina Philippou’s writing career has been a varied one, from populating the short-story notebook that lived under her desk at school to penning reports on corruption and terrorist finance. When not reading or writing, she can be found engaging in sport or undertaking some form of nature appreciation. Christina has three passports to go with her three children, but is not a spy. Lost in Static is her first novel, due to be published on 15 September 2016 by Urbane Publications.

Christina is also the founder of Britfic.


You can connect with Christina via Twitter and Facebook.




Talk of the Town

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you are fairly convincing on all of them Christina but I will go with 7, 9 14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a fun game :D . I'll go with 3,7, and 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Christina, I'm going with 3, 9 and 13 ...

    #TalkoftheTown

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...