Friday 23 September 2016

Funday Friday - Truth or Lie? Tracey Sinclair - Month 5 Week 4


Welcome to the latest edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering at least 14 questions. There is of course one small twist...

For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the fifth month is 11pm on 29th September 2016. 

So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning Tracey Sinclair, please can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m a freelance writer, editor and author, born in Newcastle but based in Brighton. My books include the romcom The Bridesmaid Blues and the Dark Dates/Cassandra Bick series, the latest of which is Angel Falls.
Please to meet you Tracey, who is back for another interview, after kicking off my Back Catalogue Books interview series back in July. 

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Tracey, hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) What book do you wish you had written?

That changes pretty much every time I read something good, but off the top of my head: The Secret History by Donna Tartt, Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, Geek Love by Katherine Dunn or The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

2) Tell me about any really memorable dream or nightmare you have had

I often have vivid, narrative dreams that are like watching a film. A few years ago, when there was all that furore about the movie Natural Born Killers, I dreamt an entire version of it that scared me so much that to this day I haven’t been able to sit through the entire film!

3) What was your most memorable holiday ever?

A childhood holiday to Wales – it rained constantly but I didn’t care as I had a massive crush on one of the locals who worked at the campsite, so spent the entire time either ‘accidentally’ trying to be wherever he was, or writing bad poetry about him in my notebook! 

4) If you could be an animal what would you be and why?

A cat – they seem to have life pretty figured out!

5) What superpower would you love to have?

If I could have a combination of teleportation and invulnerability, that would be great. 

6) What is the most annoying interview question you have ever been asked?

Perhaps annoying is the wrong word, but my first novel was a book about a woman who tracks down and has an affair with her estranged father. So it was always slightly off-putting when people asked, ‘is that based on you?’ Um, no!

7) What is your dream job, and have you tried to achieve it?

It isn’t any more, but as a teen I wanted to be a TV presenter and did an audition tape that I cringe to think of even now. It was the eighties so I recall my outfit being neon bright and terrifyingly heavy on the shoulder pads…

8) If you could only read one author for the rest of your life (and I’m aware that’s a very scary world), who would you choose and why?

Terry Pratchett – he’s written a lot of books, and he’s my favourite ‘go-to’ reread. 

9) Did you have an invisible friend as a child? If so, please tell me about them. 

Not invisible as such, but I did have a life size doll called Athena who was about 3 feet tall, that I used to pretend was a real friend and used to hold long, detailed conversations with. Maybe as an only child I wanted a sibling. My mum got so freaked out though that she gave it away!

10) What would your ideal pet be?

In an alternate universe where I lived in a big house with lots of space, I’d love a big, friendly dog like a collie or a husky or a lab.

11) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

Oh, my music tastes are all cheesy and I’m not guilty about any of them! I love a good pop song and am not embarrassed about dancing round the living room to Taylor Swift or Britney Spears!

12) If you could only look at one view for the rest of eternity, what or where would you like to be to see this view?

I’d like it to be a balcony view over the ocean, ideally somewhere warm. Maybe Hawaii. 

13) Can you let us in on an embarrassing secret?

I once accidentally dyed my entire body a glittery shade of blue (long story).

14) If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?

Travel. Maybe check out the view from a balcony in Hawaii…

Thank you so much Tracey, I urge you to put your audition tape onto youtube, as I bet your fans would love to see it, and while your there please also share with us all how exactly you managed to die your body glittery blue! 

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 

About Tracey Sinclair

Tracey Sinclair is an author and freelance editor and writer. Her books include the romcom The Bridesmaid Blues and the Dark Dates/Cassandra Bick series. Her latest book, Angel Falls, is out now.

www.darkdates.org
@thriftygal
www.facebook.com/darkdates



The Bridesmaid Blues:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bridesmaid-Blues-Tracey-Sinclair-ebook/dp/B00M83Y3VO/


Angel Falls:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angel-Falls-Cassandra-Bick-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B01AMOGRBY/

3 comments:

  1. 13, 9 and ... Um, I have absolutely no idea. She's good. She's very good! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult again! 2,11,13 but I have no idea really :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...