Friday 2 September 2016

Funday Friday - Truth or Lie? - Carol Thomas - Month 5 Week 1


Welcome to the latest edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering at least 14 questions. There is of course one small twist...

For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the fifth month is 11pm on 29th September 2016. 


So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning contestant, please can you tell me your name and a little bit about yourself?

Hello, I am Carol Thomas author or Crazy Over You, a contemporary romance novel, published through Matador. Crazy Over You is an honest portrayal of one woman’s reaction to her husband’s infidelity while also being a story of family, friendship, hope and love.
Please to meet you Carol, I remember reviewing Crazy Over You a while ago and really enjoying it, so fantastic to have you on board. 

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Carol hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) What book do you wish you had written?

I am always discovering books and plots I wish I had written. The latest is Sarah Morgan’s Sleigh Bells in the Snow because I loved the landscape, the family and Jackson O’Neil. It is the kind of book where you can imagine the author smiling as she wrote it.

2) Tell me about any really memorable dream or nightmare you have had.

When I was growing up my family’s annual holiday was to Pontins, usually Brean Sands though we went to Camber Sands a couple of times too. While there I frequently dreamt that a gorilla of King Kong proportions would come and take me away. I have visited Pontins once as an adult but never had the same dream.

3) What was your most memorable holiday ever?

I have had lots of lovely holidays but one that will always stay with me was a skiing trip with my secondary school to Les Orres in the French Alps. It was my first holiday without my family. We stayed for six days, spending the days attempting to ski and the evenings being teenagers (don’t tell my parents)!  

4) What superpower would you love to have?

I would like the ability to duplicate myself and be in more than one place at a time. That way I could get more done, there are never enough hours in the day.

5) What is your dream job, and have you tried to achieve it?

Growing up I wanted to be a lorry driver! As I got older I decided I was probably more suited to being a teacher. It is a dream I achieved. In 1999 I started teaching in a primary school as my eldest daughter started secondary school. 

6) Can you describe for me what your perfect day would involve?

A day spent at the spa being thoroughly pampered, including a manicure, pedicure and my new favourite (after being treated to this on Mother’s Day) a frangipani nourish wrap. With four children, it’s a perfect way to escape, relax and unwind! 

7) Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I enjoy cycling, it is a great way to get out into the fresh air and to see some of the lovely countryside we have here in the South of England. It helps me clear the cobwebs, sort out any plot or character issues I have and keep fit.

8) Did you have an invisible friend as a child? If so please tell me about them. 

I am the youngest of six children and so always had company around me and never had time for an imaginary friend. My eldest daughter had one, however, his name was Onions Baldy (though I think that had nothing to do with his appearance) and she spoke to him in the mirror.

9) What would your ideal pet be?

My beautiful boys Benson and Milo, both Labradors, with the ability to stay fit, healthy and live until I die so I never have to live a day without them. I have lost them both in the last year and miss their love and cuddles terribly.

10) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

The Magic music channel at Christmas and any time they are playing songs from films of the 80s.

11) If you could only look at one view for the rest of eternity, what or where would you like to be to see this view?

It would have to be an open landscape. Somewhere where you can see the sky and a dramatic change in the seasons – that way it would be always changing. It would also have to be somewhere the trees change into beautiful colours in the autumn (that’s my favourite time of year), Canada perhaps, or the French Alps.

12) Do you consider yourself to be an angel or a devil? Please give an example to validate your answer

I think I am a devil by nature but I strive to be an angel, some days it requires more work than others. I am sure my closest family would be willing to validate this but if you actually want an example you would have to meet me when I am tired or sitting next to someone eating loudly (these things bring out my dark side!).

13) Who is your ideal Disney character?

Sven the reindeer, he reminds me of my dog Benson – big, brown, loving, loyal and a bit daft.

14) If you could be an animal what would you be and why?

My sister has a cat that she thinks looks like me, so perhaps I would make a good cat. I am loving and loyal but can also be stubborn, independent and come across as aloof (I’m not I am shy but people often don’t realise!).

Thank you so much Carol for taking part, I hope you have enjoyed your time on Truth or Lie? I must say  I also tend to love the Christmas music channels, and love the idea of your dog being like Sven the Reindeer. 


I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 

Links for Crazy Over You



Amazon.co.uk 
http://tinyurl.com/COY-Amazonuk
Amazon.com
http://tinyurl.com/COY-Amazon

Author bio:
Carol Thomas lives on the south coast of England with her husband and four children. She enjoys taking on a challenge and writing her novel, Crazy Over You, while looking after her children and working part-time has proved to be one of her most exciting challenges to date. Carol has taught in the primary sector for many years and works as a copywriter for commercial websites. She has a passion for reading, writing and people watching and can often be found loitering in local cafés, drinking too much tea and working on her second novel. 

To find out more about books by Carol Thomas:
http://www.carol-thomas.co.uk
https://facebook.com/carolthomasauthor

https://twitter.com/carol_thomas2

4 comments:

  1. Probably way off the mark, but I think 7, 9 and 14 are the lies... Twitter: @hypnodan

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 is definitely a lie! Carol's just worked her socks off to raise over £300 for Cancer Research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1, 2, 12 are pure guesses, no logic to work with this week!
    @DrewComps

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...