Monday 12 September 2016

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #39


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

0 Votes - Hot Property (The Kerry Series book 1) by Susanne O'Leary 
0 Votes -  Bon Voyage by Michelle Betham
1 Vote -  Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl
2 Votes -   Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters 0) by Jennifer Gilby Roberts
4 Votes -  The Cornish Affair by Laura Lockington 

Thank you to everyone that voted last week, I appreciate that most of you may not have heard of some of these books before, but always interesting to see your reactions. The Cornish Affair was really enjoyable and the review will be up shortly.

This week I am randomising from my paperbacks, because in a week where I have received 5 new paperbacks to review all unsolicited and unexpected, and I haven't read any for a week or two, it just means they grow at an alarming rate, so need to make more of an effort to read them! 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This weeks random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...



So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:


17 - Now That I've Found You by Ciara Geraghty - I don't really recall much about this book, but know that I picked it on a competition where I could select my own winning books, so clearly wanted to read it when I looked at the blurb!
21 - If They Could See Me Now by Denise Welch - This arrived months ago, its a hardback and I know nothing about Denise Welch, nor her writing abilities!
41 - Trusting Jake (Blueprint to Love - Book 1) by Lauren Giordano - I believe this is a romance of some sort that will be fun to read hopefully
64 - All About The Hype (Jessie Jefferson Book 3) by Paige Toon - This is the third book in Paige Toon's YA series, which I have loved the first two books. The only thing that confuses me about this book is how I have had it for a few weeks and not stopped and read it yet!
78 - A Leap of Faith by Trisha Ashley - I love Trisha Ashley, and am really looking forward to reading her latest book as soon as I can get an opportunity. 

My gut feeling is this could be a 3 horse race this week but as to who will win, I couldn't say. I know deep down which I really want to win, but will of course go with the majority. Of course I could be wrong, and you could all go down the let's vote for a book we have never heard of route, in which case who knows!

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

14 comments:

  1. From Twitter:

    Heidi Swain ‏@Heidi_Swain 39m39 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 got to be A Leap of Faith by @trishaashley I leapt and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley ‏@emthebookworm 26m26 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 lol I see like me you still haven't read Denise Welch yet. Good choices this week I'm going to go for Trisha Ashley. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you & think my choice will be similar, very tight between two but I'm going with 78 - A Leap of Faith by Trisha Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Leap of Faith, the cover stands out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read quite a few Trish Ashley books & enjoyed them however I have read many many complimentary comments on Denise Welsh's Twitter feed saying how brilliant her book was. I would choose that one due to positive feedback I've seen about If they could see me now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the original adult series and have meant to read the spin off YA for a while ... I have the same question as you, why haven't I?
    so definitely All About The Hype

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Twitter:

    Lilac Mills ‏@LilacMills 44m44 minutes ago
    Lilac Mills Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    Leap of Faith - purely because I like that cover best. Shallow, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Facebook:

    Kate Field My vote has to go to Trisha Ashley. This is one of the few I haven't read yet, so I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm voting for my bestie, Trisha Ashley! I first read this book as The Urge to Jump, years ago, and loved it - and I'm sure you will too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    Viv Writes ‏@VivWrites 4h4 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 I like the Trisha Ashley cover, very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Adora Herveaux ‏@adoraherveaux 8h8 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Now that I've found you. Purely because I'm judging a book by its cover #toberead

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Erin ‏@erinschoicee 2m2 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 Paige toon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Grass monster ‏@Lost815_Oceanic 10m10 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 ~ Paige Toon xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...