Saturday 30 July 2016

Book Review - Love Me Tinder by Nicola May

Amazon UK
Title: Love Me Tinder
Author: Nicola May
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Review copy supplied by author
Publisher: Accent Press
Publication Date: 31st July 2016
Rating: 5 Stars


Dull security or risky freedom - which would you choose? 

With her marriage in pieces, shy Cali Summers is faced with this decision and hits the world of fast love on an internet dating app. 

Using room 102 in the hotel where she works as her dating 'lair', she opens herself up to a world of sex, lies, deception, as well as personal discovery and passionate love. 

With a charming F1 engineer, a handsome army officer and her adulterous ex all on the scene, a predictable love match is far from on the cards.

There is quite a lot I want to say about this book, but I'm going to need to be careful of potential spoilers. My overwhelming feeling after finishing Love Me Tinder is that it could be made into a fabulous romantic comedy film, as it has all the elements there already, and I can see it easily on a big screen. 

This was one of those books that had me giggling to myself from very early on, and I just didn't really stop throughout. Love Me Tinder is very easy to read, with lots of short chapters, to the extent that you will find yourself saying just one more chapter, and 10 will pass before you surface again. 

Cali Summers goes from being upset about her cheating soon to be ex-husband into a world of tinder and casual encounters, some more horrifying than others, and most of the situations will probably be familiar to regular users of the app. 

Cali also has a best friend Annie, who she is trying to help out, and has some great colleagues in the hotel where she works, with one of them even letting her use room 102 for some of her encounters.  Cali is if anything a bit too naive to be taking part in online dating, and I couldn't help but wish I could have knocked a small amount of sense into her. 

The majority of the chapters are from Cali's view point, however every now and then you will get a quick snipped focusing on another character, often allowing the reader to have a sneak peek of relevant information that Cali is yet to know about. So even though I knew some things were potentially coming, I still enjoyed seeing the various reactions once they were out in the open. 

Although I have only read a few books by Nicola May so far, I am continually impressed by her writing and sense of humour. I thought Love Me Tinder was absolutely fantastic and I was sorry to see it finish. 

Thank you so much to Nicola May for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...