Monday 18 July 2016

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #32


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Vote - Once More With Feeling by Megan Crane
1 Vote - Cassidy Lane by Maria Murnane
1 Vote - Moving On by Joanna Ross
2 Vote -  L'Auberge: Fogas Chronicles 1 by Julia Stagg
5 Votes - French Coast: a novel by Anita Hughes

Looks as though you read my thoughts last week and went with the book that had been up on the vote quite a few times before it won. French Coast was really enjoyable and probably better than I was expecting so thank you. 

This week I have decided to randomise from a selection of books that are being published during 2016, some I have bought, others I may need to review and generally they are titles that I really really want to read, if only I can find the time!

The review of the winning book and the next vote will be 1st August, due to my week this week being manic, I'd rather not pressure myself to read the book while half asleep from long work days. 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This weeks random numbers are...

And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:

4 - My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse - The initial reviews I am seeing for this book are great, and I've almost started it a couple of times. Amazing author, so regardless of the outcome of this vote, I will be reviewing this in the next few months! 
27 - Forgotten by Heleyne Hemmersley - Only the other day I read a review of this and said that I really should move it up the TBR as a result. It's a psychological thriller and one that caught my attention when I was offered a copy. 
30 - Valentine's Day at the Star and Sixpence by Holly Hepburn - I enjoyed the first Star and Sixpence book, just haven't got around to reading the next few. 
31 - Tenacity by J. S. Law - Met the author at a Rooftop Book Club event and on the basis of his talk I bought the book. Its a thriller set on a submarine which really intrigues me. 
61 - Willow Walk by SJI Holliday - Loved the first book of this series, which was reviewed here only a few days ago, so of course bought this one so I can read it when I get a min!  

My gut reaction when seeing this selection was that is impressive, a whole bunch of books I really want to read and ideally soon. Hopefully you will all agree and will have your own preferences and thoughts on which I should read this time! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

20 comments:

  1. Ooh difficult this week Rachel! I'd say go for Willow Walk since you've just read the first one. But then, the Amanda Prowse is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great. I'm looking forward to reading Willow Walk so I would have to choose that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey ‏@kentlass123 4h4 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 3rd one <-- so Holly Hepburn

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    Sue Shepherd ‏@thatsueshepherd 2h2 hours ago
    Sue Shepherd Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    I'd choose Forgotten. But I'm sure they're all good. I'd just need to know who she's running away from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Twitter:

    Susan Pola ‏@susan_pola 54m54 minutes ago Brisbane, Queensland
    @gilbster1000 @BritCrime That's easy! #WillowWalk by @SJIHolliday - 100 pages in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    Liina voit ‏@liinareads 13m13 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 My pick is My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go with Tenacity...it's been sat on my TBR for months!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    thebooktrail ‏@thebooktrailer 15s15 seconds ago
    @gilbster1000 ooh tenacity is a bit different. Set on a submarine! @BritCrime

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley ‏@emthebookworm 5s6 seconds ago
    @gilbster1000 my vote is for the Amanda Prowse. It's very good. The Star and Sixpence is v v short. I just skipped straight to the summer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very difficult choice this week but I will opt for 4 - My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse, closely followed by Willow Walk in case you get a tie lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Grab This Book ‏@grabthisbook 2m2 minutes ago Glasgow, Scotland
    @gilbster1000 Tenacity and Willow Walk are both excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Karen C ‏@karen4013 15s16 seconds ago
    @gilbster1000 Tenacity has caught my attention :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valentine's Day at the Star and Sixpence... I see it recommended on Goodreads along my novels so I'm curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Heidi Swain ‏@Heidi_Swain 50s50 seconds ago
    @gilbster1000 got to be @HollyH_Author! I ❤ The Star & Sixpence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Valentine's day at the star & sixpence. Loved it. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Facebook:

    Liz Mistry Tenacity if you fancy a claustrophobic but exciting read

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Twitter:

    Suze Lavender ‏@SuzeLavender 2m2 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 My Husband's Wife, definitely. It's such an impressive story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Twitter:

    Amanda jane Noble ‏@Noblejaneamanda 58m58 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 willow walk looks good 😀

    ReplyDelete
  20. From Twitter:

    Sue Fortin ‏@suefortin1 11h11 hours ago
    Sue Fortin Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    I've not read any of them but Tenacity really appeals to me. Cover first and blurb backed it up. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...