Friday 17 July 2020

Book Review - For The Love Of.... by M. A. Comley

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK

Title: For The Love Of....
Author: M. A. Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 17th July 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

He had no choice...The justice system has failed him...

DI Sara Ramsey has yet another tough case to solve when a primary school teacher turns up murdered.

Why?

The murderer has an agenda and is crossing names off his list.

Not caring about the risks...he only has one thing in his sight... retribution.

This is unusual, it is not often that I end up having complete sympathy for the murderer.  I felt incredibly sorry for his victims and they should never have died,  but I could once we get the the nuts and bolts of why he is doing what he is doing, could understand how he could be at the end of his tether. 

They weren't the most pleasant of deaths, nor the most gruesome that I've read, but carried out in a way that made it really tricky for DI Sara Ramsey and her team catch any sort of break in the case.   They are left feeling rather frustrated as more women are abducted and killed. 

Due to getting occasional chapters into the villains mind and hints what may be motivating him, although I had no idea who he was, or the real extent of the situation,  what I found most fascinating was the way Sara and her team tried to work out how the murderer is. 

I feel we saw a bit more of some of her team members this time around, and Carla even had to take the lead briefly which gave us a new insight into her feelings on various aspects of police work. 

This is fast becoming one of my favourite M. A. Comley series, the writing is top notch as I would expect and I was hooked on seeing just what would happen next.   Another truly fabulous book from this prolifically talented author. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...