Wednesday 19 May 2021

Book Review - The Love Island Bookshop by Kate Frost

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Love Island Bookshop
Author: Kate Frost
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Lemon Tree Press
Publication Date: 8th April 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

A dream job, two handsome men, one destructive act. Will Freya's opportunity of a lifetime end in tears? 

When Freya leaves her publishing job in London to be a barefoot bookseller in the Maldives, it's the push she needs to move on from her sadness and reignite her passion for life.

While resort owner Zander is charming, it's handsome dive instructor Aaron who befriends her when she needs it most. But all is not what it seems and there's trouble brewing in paradise.

Taking a chance on happiness is harder than she imagined. Can Freya let go of her heartache and allow herself to fall in love again? 

Over the past couple of years I have seen an advert on Facebook for a one year's position at a bookshop in the Maldives and thought it would be a wonderful opportunity, if only I had the relevant experience.  

So the second I saw this book, read the blurb and realised it was based on a real life premise I was even more excited to read it. 

For the Maldives is like a dream idyllic destination, but completely out of my price range, so being able to transport myself there via The Love Island Bookshop was amazing. 

All the descriptions of life on the island, and of the various Maldives islands that have been mentioned match up to the many pictures I've see of the destination and I could picture it all so vibrantly in my mind. 

And the job itself that Freya lands is perfect for her, and I loved seeing everything through her eyes.  But she has her own reasons for wanting to leave her life in the UK behind for at least 9 months, and once it was revealed, there were some scenes that were incredibly emotional. 

I really felt for Freya, and really connected with her character. And wow there are some gorgeous men in this island paradise, and although I had an inkling very early on as to who Freya may end up with, I was second guessing myself for at least half the book that I may have backed the wrong horse, so to speak! 

This is escapist, arm chair travel and romance at its very best, and I really can't fault anything about the book other than I reached the end.  I was loving this sun drenched paradise that almost never appears in the books I read, the various characters and their storylines, and well it features booklovers, a book shop, golden sands, bright blue oceans, some drama, some emotion and just well it's perfect. 

It was a wonderful way to transport my mind away from the pandemic back to happier times, as I was thinking of my own holiday to Mauritius while I was reading as that is another Indian Ocean island so closest I've come to this sort of location.  And this was exactly what I needed,  just brilliant! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I love books where you can escape too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...