Friday 20 November 2015

Book Review - A Christmas Romance by Lynda Renham

Amazon UK
Title: A Christmas Romance
Author: Lynda Renham writing as Amy Perfect
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Review copy from author
Publisher: Raucous Publishing
Publication Date: 11th November 2015
Rating: 5 Stars


Romance is the last thing on Frankie Bell’s mind as she gets ready for Christmas in the English village of Little Perran. It’s going to be a quiet affair once the annual Great Little Perran Christmas Bake Off cake competition is over, with Frankie, and her little dog Buster, tucked up warmly in Primrose Cottage. Fate, however, has other plans and Little Perran is thrown into turmoil when the film star, Roux Lockhart, comes to stay. 

The spirit of the season weaves its magic and a freak snow storm that blows in a surprise visitor. Frankie discovers love from an unexpected quarter, but can she trust it? And is someone cheating with their Christmas cake? 

A delightful Christmas love story to be enjoyed with a mug of hot chocolate and a roaring log fire. 

I always love discovering a new author, and although I have a growing collection of Lynda Renhams books on my kindle, I hadn't quite got around to reading them, until A Christmas Romance came along. As I have been mainly reading Christmas books lately, I couldn't resist finally breaking my duck on Lynda's writing, and it couldn't have come a moment too soon. 

I am thrilled to say that I loved every second of this book, and was so hooked on the drama that was unfurling that I had absolutely no idea where I was for most of my commute home! Which is to me, always the sign of a great book.

The village of Little Perran had been expecting a quiet Christmas, outside of their Christmas fete and ball, there wasn't much excitement expected. Until that is, Roux Lockhart international film star comes to stay in the village, in a rented cottage while filming nearby. 

From the moment Roux makes his first appearance, there seems to be drama, fun and romance sweeping the village. It becomes very eventful, and Frankie Bell is drawn into the centre of it all too. 

Everything soon starts to heat up when Frankie and Roux both go missing from the village in a blizzard. The drama surrounding this was brilliant, you were getting chapters both from Frankie's focus, but also of the village and I loved seeing the two sides to this incident. 

Little Perran was a picturesque place, and all the villagers had great personalities. There is Frankie's best friend Birdie who is just trying to help Frankie, Stella who appears to be the village flirt, the pub owners, and Cheryl's domination of the Christmas cake competition. 

A Christmas Romance brings together all the elements you want from a Christmas story (apart from magic) with a warmth and humour that was a delight to read. If you are wanting an eventful, energetic Christmas story, with a lovely romance too, then A Christmas Romance is the book for you this Christmas. 

Thank you so much to Lynda Renham for this review copy. This is my honest opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Lynda is a great writer and I'd love to read this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...