Monday 16 November 2015

Rachel Reads Randomly Vote #9



Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

2 Votes - Mistletoe and Wine by Faith Bleasdale
2 Votes - The Art of Christmas by Jane Lovering
6 Votes - Mishaps & Mistletoe by Tilly Tennant

Thank you everyone for your votes. I loved the Tilly Tennant so much I went on to read Mishaps in Millrise and both reviews are up later today.


For the next few weeks, the selection is going to be taken from my Christmas books section of my spreadsheet, and because I don't have massive amounts, there will only be 3 choices to vote from, so I can have a bit of variety in what comes up each week, as I'm continuing my campaign to not only read all of the Christmas books that I want from this year, but to clear last years back log too!

Below is initially my theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

How is this going to work? (not editing this for Christmas, only the numbers change, everything else is the same)

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet. 

On the assumption that some of this makes sense, I will without further ado, load up the randomiser and see what the options are for this week. 

This weeks random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...



Books without a number, have a reason by them, mainly because they have been reserved for a future date, so need to have the reviews posted on more specific dates.

So the 3 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



7 - Christmas on Primrose Hill by Karen Swan - I love Karen Swans books and often save them to read on holiday. Since it's come up on the vote I'll leave it to you guys as to when I will read it!
12 - Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder by Sibel Hodge - This is book 4.5 in the Amber Fox series of books, which is a mystery series that is normally quite light hearted and fun. I haven't read any for a while though. 
1 - Holly's Christmas Kiss by Alison May - This was on the Christmas vote the other week and had some support. Despite my best intentions though I still haven't read it.

This is my last Rachel Reads Randomly until the New Year, purely because my blog will be incredibly busy in the next few weeks, and I can't fit anything else in. But that's good for all of you as it means there is loads coming up for you to enjoy! 

The review as a result for this weeks vote, will be on Sunday 22nd November, before my Carina Christmas event starts on the 23rd, and then Harper Xmas at the beginning of December. 

Would love to know your thoughts on which of these Christmas books will definitely be reviewed on Rachel's Random Reads as the others may not get a look in. 
Please everyone have a say this week, as I'd love to know your thoughts. Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

18 comments:

  1. Hollys Christmas kiss is the one I think you should choose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa Claus, Lies and Murder sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 - Christmas on Primrose Hill by Karen Swan gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. - Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder by Sibel Hodge - Sounds like fun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas on Primrose Hill. I can't wait to start reading that one :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. An easy one this week go for the Karen Swan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From twitter:

    Jessica Louis ‏@jessca_louis 2 hrs2 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Santa Claus, Lies and Murder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Lilac Diaries ‏@RSanive 11 hrs11 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Karen Swan's Christmas on Primrose Hill

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Twitter:

    Regina O'Connell. ‏@regina_oconnell 13 mins13 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 Santa Claus, lies, and murders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    Liina voit ‏@liinareads 10 mins10 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 Christmas on Primrose Hill by Karen Swan

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Jo Lambert ‏@Jolambertwriter 8 hrs8 hours ago Bath, England
    @gilbster1000 Defiitely Santa Claus, Lies and Murder Rachel...

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Tanya Phillips ‏@tanyainwales 7 hrs7 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 santa Claus one will be different

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Barbara Meyers ‏@barbmeyers 10 mins10 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 I'd pick Holly's Christmas Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Emma (SCR) ‏@starcrossed89 8 hrs8 hours ago Ipswich, England
    @gilbster1000 Christmas on Primrose Hill. I ADORE Karen Swan's books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. From Twitter:

    Bee ‏@Bhaartic 8 hrs8 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Rachel the middle one - SantaClaus, lies n murder sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Twitter:

    Colette O'Meara ‏@Bus_Bee_97 8 hrs8 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 #Christmas on Primrose Hill by Karen Swan. I have all her books and am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. From Twitter:

    Pat Elliott ‏@Feetpaintwords 4 mins4 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 looked up Santa, lies because it sounds fun! Might buy that myself..so will vote for that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...