Saturday 28 November 2015

Book Review - Forever His Darling by Sarah Randall - #CarinaChristmas

Amazon UK
Title: Forever His Darling
Author: Sarah Randall
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Carina
Publication Date: 16th October 2014
Rating: 3 Stars


A little Christmas love in the country

Anastacia Harper is at the top of her modelling career - famous simply for being beautiful. But as Christmas approaches Ana can't face another holiday alone in the fake celebrity world she inhabits. She's desperate for a change of scenery and desperate to find the girl she once used to be…

Brooding and gorgeous, all Matt Darling wants to do this Christmas is lock the doors of Melville House and keep the world at bay. The last thing he needs is a model flouncing about in sequins pretending to be a country girl, but it looks like he doesn’t have a choice.

When the snow falls suddenly Ana and Matt find themselves trapped at Melville House with only each other for company. But there is magic in the air at Christmas that might just help Ana and Matt find exactly what they are looking for under the tree…

Lovely hot and steamy romance, set at Christmas time. 

I found though that although at times I was really enjoying the book (ie, the sex scenes!), I found the story felt slow in places, and I was struggling to properly care about the characters. 

That being said, I did like Ana's outings to the local village, and how she treated the villagers, and the trout fishing section was fun, especially from Matt's point of view. 

I just felt that this was a fairly predictable, run of the mill romance story, and even though I do like straight forward stories, this one just didn't grip me, and I felt like I was fighting myself and/or the book to read it. I'm not sure if it was the story, or just me that was at fault, and there were as I say some good points, just not enough, at some points to  make me love the book. 


For more #CarinaChristmas click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...