Friday 2 February 2018

Book Review - I See You by Clare Mackintosh - #HolidayReading Book 8

Book 8 of 30 that I read on my holiday to Fuerteventura in December 2017


Amazon UK
Title: I See You
Author: Clare Mackintosh
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Sphere
Publication Date: 20th April 2017
Rating: 5 Stars


When Zoe Walker sees her photo in the classifieds section of a London newspaper, she is determined to find out why it's there. There's no explanation: just a grainy image, a website address and a phone number. She takes it home to her family, who are convinced it's just someone who looks like Zoe. But the next day the advert shows a photo of a different woman, and another the day after that.

Is it a mistake? A coincidence? Or is someone keeping track of every move they make . . .

This is one book I am delighted that Iread by a pool on holiday, instead of on a tube, potentially on a commute, earlier in the year. I was terrified just reading it in safety, Ihave a feeling I'd have been a nervous wreck had I read it in London. 

For the basic concept of this is something that I hope no master criminals read and decide that they should start doing for themselves, as the whole book felt scarily realistic and had me feeling quite jumpy. 

The story is predominately split between Zoe who notices a photo of herself in an advert in a newspaper, and Kelly who works for the transport police, and is determined to improve her career. 

In amongst their chapters there was also small sections from the villain, who kept me guessing continually. 

I was shocked at the storyline, but drawn in and found the whole book to be utter unputdownable. 

So far I have been incredibly impressed with both of Clare Mackintosh's books and can't wait to read her next one. 

This is one author that can draw you into her psychological thrilling drama, and have you on the edge of your seat as everything unfurls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...