Monday 12 February 2018

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #87


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Votes -   Cut Off by Mark Billingham
1 Votes - Loveandpizza.it by Daniela Pesconi-Arthur
1 Votes  - The Wedding Caper by Laura Briggs
6 Votes - The Last Laugh by Tracy Bloom
14  Votes - In Her Wake by Amanda Jennings 

In Her Wake was an overwhelming majority this week, I'm just sorry to say I didn't enjoy it was much as I did Sworn Secret. I could see it was clever and what it was trying to do but I may just have been the wrong book for me given some of my concentration levels recently.  Thanks for picking it though, would have sat on my TBR for even longer otherwise. 

So this year I've decided instead of changing what part of the TBR I randomise each week, I'm going with at least until I get bored, books released in the current month - so for the next few weeks all the options will be books released in February - that is February from whatever year they were published! (At least based on the publication date I put on my master spreadsheet). Should give all books a few chances to get picked over a year and be slightly quicker for me to set up!  

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



12 - The Perfect Match by Debbie Macomber - 2 stories in one for an author that I always enjoy reading. Heart warming romances normally. 
15 - Crazy For You by Emma Heatherington - This is an author I've not read yet but know she it tending to write emotional books at the moment but not sure about this one. 
40 - Runaway Bride by Mary Jayne Baker - This book is out this week, I've enjoyed the one other book I've read by this author and I know there are meant to be puppies in here somewhere! 
47 - Between a Rockstar and  Hard Place by Portia MacIntosh - My spreadsheet mentions its a prequel - if this wins and it turns out to be a short story prequel - I will almost certainly read the other book so long as I have it!  Love this author. 
51 - Recipes For Disaster by Sheryl Browne - Love this author too, and really should read more of her back catalogue.  This option has been removed as the book isn't properly available for sale anywhere at the moment. 

Wow after the last few weeks I can say safely that it won't be a psychological thriller winning this week! What we have a is a group of authors I tend to really enjoy, and I hope if you have read them you love as much as I do. But what will win?

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

12 comments:

  1. I'll vote for Recipes for Disaster because I'm sure food will come into it somewhere - a food writer as the main character perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for voting, Jane. The book is undergoing a rewrite at the moment,so Rachel has had to pull it (after all her hard work). The main character would quite like to be a food person, btw. Sadly, he's not very good at it! Hopefully, Rachel will be able to fit it in again at some future point. Have a lovely day both! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Runaway Bride because I am hoping to it next 😁😘😘

      Delete
  2. From TwitteR:

    Liina 📚


    @liinareads
    3h3 hours ago
    More Liina 📚 Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    My pick is Runaway Bride by Mary Jayne Baker 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Facebook:

    Jessica Page Johnson Runaway Bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Facebook:

    Eva Merckx Ah, back to the routine of choosing based on covers 😄. Runaway Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Facebook:

    Mary Jayne Baker Well, that one third from the left looks very interesting, in my entirely unbiased opinion... 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Facebook:

    Mary Jayne Baker Heh, not sure I have enough supporters to make a difference!

    My truly unbiased vote would be for Emma’s, because the cover is gorgeous and makes me wish I was on holiday..

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Twitter:

    Deborah J Miles


    @DeborahMiles7
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Debbie Macomber's The Perfect Match, please. I love her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally some books that appeal to me again! My vote is for Crazy for You, because I absolutely loved The Legacy of Lucy Harte last year and am curious about this.

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. crazy for you, as I love the cover

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...