Tuesday 2 July 2019

Book Review - To The Stars and Back by Camilla Isley

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: To The Stars and Back
Author: Camilla Isley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author Supplied Copy
Publisher: Pink Bloom Press
Publication Date: 14th June 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


When Hollywood’s sexiest bachelor meets the girl next door their relationship doesn’t follow the script…

On-screen, Christian Slade is America’s favorite heartthrob. Off-screen, letting romance into his life isn’t as easy. The women he dates all seem to want a piece of his glamorous life rather than his heart, and trust doesn’t come easy for him.

Then along comes Lana. A beautiful rocket scientist who’s also sweet, smart, sexy, and has absolutely no idea who he is. But what will happen when she finds out?

Will their worlds prove too far apart or could love really be like in the movies?

I have devoured this book in a couple of very short hours, and loved every single second of it.  I also love the details being shared in the note by the author at the end, of what books 5 and 6 in the series will be bringing especially book 5 and no this is going to be a very long wait potentially for me to get my hands on it!! 

But back to what really is a standalone book four in Camilla Isley's excellent First Comes Love series, it does feature short cameos from the main characters else where in the series, but the main focus is on Lana, and Christian Slater. 

Ok Christian has been mentioned and featured in some of the previous book, but equally we have never got this up close and personal with him before and the majority of the book is from this incredibly sexy mega film starts perspective. 

We really do get to know him incredibly well and I would have happily kicked Lana out of the way to have a shot at him myself.  I completely fell for Christian in this book and its been ages since I last felt like this about a book boyfriend. 

I'm gutted that I ran out of pages and have finished reading his story now.  Ah and Lana who is completely different from Christian is really cool too, and I really enjoyed getting to know her. 

I absolutely loved every up and down in this book, the incredibly wonderful romantic gestures, the differences in their lifestyles, all the dialogue, even their initial meet cute - I mean who wouldn't be intrigued to keep reading a book where the main characters meet hiding out in the same closet of a hotel! 

And more importantly just why on earth is a mega star reduced to hiding in a closet? I knew I had to find out.  i loved Christian's assistant Penny and would love to get to know her better in a future book and same with chef Jeff.  Just generally I loved everything. 

Fun, quick and easy to read, I was hooked and feel sorry for whatever book I read next as I suspect I may have  a Christian Slater hangover from this one!! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...