Monday 23 January 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #50


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Votes - His Sicilian Cinderella by Carol Marinelli
1 Votes -   Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
2 Votes - Upside Down by Lia Riley
2 Votes -  Dead in the Water by Ann Granger
10 Votes -  French Legacy by Jennifer Bohnet 

Well there was a clear winner last time, French Legacy by Jennifer Bohney, which I did enjoy, but I think I like her newer books more. I did get quite a few comments saying that it was a tough selection to pick from, as they hadn't really heard of any of the books, all I can say to that is these are books that I own, and it really is random what comes out in these posts, and at some point I do want to read them! 

Since January often feels like a time of reflection, I've decided this week I'll randomise from books published last year that I clearly haven't had time to read yet! 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...

And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



27 - Undertow by Elizabeth Heathcote - I've heard great things about this psychological thriller, and I recall receiving my copy in a goody bag at a Rooftop Book Club event! 
28 - The Cornish Guest House by Emma Burstall - This is the second book in the Tremarnock series and I really enjoyed the first book. 
49 - What My Best Friend Did by Lucy Dawson - I've read two books by Lucy Dawson and been impressed with both, which is why I have bought a few of her others
67 - Gigi's Island Dream by Rosie Dean -  Was scrolling twitter last week and spotted that Rosie Dean had a new book out, not read anything by this author yet, but this definitely looks like the sort of book I would enjoy
68 - The Other Sister by Rowan Coleman - Previously published as Lessons in Laughing Out Loud, which I never read, this is a book by a very good that author that I always tend to enjoy. 

This looks like there should be a book that appeals to everyone in this selection, from the psychological thrillers to the romance, to books set in Cornwall and at least three authors I have read in the past! I have a feeling that I am going to find the comments on this one quite eye opening and am thoroughly looking forward to seeing what will win! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

16 comments:

  1. I'm choosing the Rowan Coleman as I haven't read that either and love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 67 - Rosie Dean. Always fun, and always worth reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley ‏@emthebookworm 47m47 minutes ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 I'd go for Emma Burstall The Cornish Guest House. Loved her first book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what a great selection this week. Although it got me spending money...
    I'm going to go for Emma Burstall's The Cornish Guest House as well, because the third book in the series (Tremarnock Summer) will be out later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gut instinct is pulling me towards 68 - The Other Sister by Rowan Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    Annie Lyons ‏@1AnnieLyons 7h7 hours ago
    More
    Annie Lyons Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    I do love Rowan Coleman...

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Twitter:

    Rowan Coleman ‏@rowancoleman 6h6 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 me! Me! Me! (I'm not proud)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Mark West ‏@MarkEWest 6h6 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 I'll second @rowancoleman

    ReplyDelete
  9. From TwitteR:

    Nicky Wells ‏@WellsNicky 5h5 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 oh they're all great but I'm leaning towards @rowancoleman xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey ‏@kentlass123 3h3 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 the second book <--- Emma Burstall

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Love Books Group ‏@LoveBooksGroup 2h2 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 The Other Sister ~ @rowancoleman

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Liina voit ‏@liinareads 7s8 seconds ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 The Cornish Guest House by Emma Burstall 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rowan Coleman please. Loved We Are All Made of Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Elizabeth Heathcote ‏@lizzieheathcote 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Undertow! @gilbster1000

    ReplyDelete
  15. The other sister I think as I've not heard of this book and am intrigued to discover what it's all about

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...