Monday 30 January 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #51


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

0 Votes - What My Best Friend Did by Lucy Dawson
1 Votes -   Undertow by Elizabeth Heathcote 
1 Votes - Gigi's Island Dream by Rosie Dean
4 Votes -  The Cornish Guest House by Emma Burstall
10 Votes -  The Other Sister by Rowan Coleman

Definitely a runaway winner last week with The Other Sister by Rowan Coleman which I really enjoyed. Was a bit surprised at the lack of votes for the two psychological thrillers, as I honestly thought they would be a lot more popular. 

For those of you that read my Welcome to 2017 post, I have basically decided I need to actively make an effort to read more of my unread paperbacks this year, and to that extent every other week on this, we will be randomising from my paperbacks, as you may get me to read those I've forgotten I even own! 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...

And the books these numbers correspond to are...


I am using my power of veto on 47 - The Returning Tide by Liz Fenwick purely because it seems a bit to soon to be reviewing an end of March release.

So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



3 - Sworn Secret by Amanda Jennings - Never read anything by this author, but keep hearing good things about her, and feel I should give this a try at some point. 
12 - His Sicilian Cinderella by Carol Marinelli - Second paperback only vote in a row this one has appeared for...maybe fate is telling me something
31 - Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber - Love this author, can't believe the fates may have me reading a Christmas book only a month after December. My fault for not fitting it in over the Christmas period
42 - Speaking in Bones by Kathy Reichs - Based on the title I'm fairly sure this is a crime/thriller book which I won in a competition somewhere. Unfortunately I can't recall anything else about it, other than its survived a couple of recent paperback culls, so must be something I'd like to read
78 - One Kiss in Paris by Various -  This is 3 books in one, a Mills & Boon compilation. 

Have fun! I have absolutely no real inkling what way this selection will go, there is definitely a bit of variety in there. I look forward to and encourage comments on this, as I don't know that much about quite a few of the books. And don't forget if in doubt I'm trying to read books set in the various UK Counties this year, in addition to paperbacks. Two birds with one stone would always be a pleasing result! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

13 comments:

  1. One Kiss in Paris... seems like a cute read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking in Bones ... I always love Kathy Reichs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing your thoughts I'm still going with gut instinct & will probably surprise you but I have enjoyed this author in the past 42 - Speaking in Bones by Kathy Reichs

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    Nicky Wells ‏@WellsNicky 6h6 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 ooooooh I'd have to vote for Kathy this time, she's one of my heroes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Twitter:

    Mark West ‏@MarkEWest 5h5 hours ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 One Kiss In Paris - never read it but I love the city... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    KirstyღandLifestyle ‏@loveofagoodbook 1h1 hour ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 sworn secret! OMG that book stays with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Amanda Jennings' In Her Wake is amazing so I'd go for her book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three romance books appeal to me, however, having just finished the absolutely brilliant and laugh-out-loud funny Burning Moon by Jo Watson set in Thailand (Yay for Jo's next book, Almost a Bride, being out today!), I long to escape the dreary weather some more and travel to Sicily with His Sicilian Cinderella =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sworn Secret by Amanda Jennings

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    Sophie ‏@SophieRTB 37s37 seconds ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 Sworn Secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    🍸AIMEE 🍸 ‏@AimeeHorton 52s53 seconds ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 sworn secret - it's amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Sarah Mackins ‏@sarah_mackins 46m46 minutes ago
    More
    @gilbster1000 as a big fan I would have to choose Debbie Macomber...Christmas book in February 🤔 yeah why not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Amanda Jennings so she gets my vote. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...