Saturday 7 January 2017

Back Catalogue Books - Q&A With Karen King



Back Catalogue Books is my new regular Saturday feature, focusing on books that are not the latest releases. There is going to be a mix of Q&As and also reviews, depending on what I have the space for. 

If you are an author wanting to take part in Back Catalogue Books then please do email on gilbster at gmail dot com and I'll whizz the questions over to you. 

I hope everyone enjoys this weekly look back at some of the slightly older books that are about but still great, and that I eventually make a dent in my TBRs as a result of it!

This week's guest is Karen King, who has written some books that I keep eyeing up on Amazon, so I'm sure at some point I'll end up buying and reading! Welcome. 

1) Please tell me about your first book, and what started you writing in the first place.

I’ve written stories for as long as I can remember, way back in my childhood. My dad fostered in me a love for reading and writing and it’s stopped with me all my life. I first started writing for children’s magazines and then children’s books. My first three children’s books were based around some magazine characters and were published under the wrong name!

2) How many books have you written and what are they?

I’ve had 120 children’s books published, for all age groups including YA, and three romance novels with two more in the process of writing. My backlist romance novels are Never Say Forever and The Millionaire Plan, which have both just been republished by Accent Press.

3) Which book are you most proud of writing?

My latest, a chick-lit called, ‘I do? -or do I?’ It’s the longest book I’ve ever written – 75,000 words- and there were times I thought I’d never finish it. Now I’m well into my third novel of that length.

4) Which book was your favourite to write?

I love every book I’m working on but I had a lot of fun devising Amber’s ten point plan to hook a millionaire in The Millionaire Plan

5) Who are your favourite characters from your books and why?

Well I always love the characters from the book I’m writing at that moment but from my back list it’s got to be Kendall and Jake from Never Say Forever. They are both so determined not to commit to anyone, but so obviously attracted to each other. You can really feel their struggle to fight their feelings – I hope!

6) If you could go back and change anything from any of your books, what would it be, and why?

There’s things I would love to go back and change in every book. I always think I could have done better but you have to let it go and move onto the next book.

7) Which of your covers if your favourite and why?


I adore all of my Accent Press book covers but the one for Never Say Forever is a favourite. It’s so fabulously summery. It makes me feel like sitting in a deckchair and reading a book.

8) Have you ever thought about changing genres, if so what else would you like to write?

I’d love to write outrageously funny books, the ones that make you roar out loud. Not my style though, although I do weave a little humour in my stories.

9) Looking forward can you let us know what you are working on next?

I’m working on my third chick lit for Accent Press. When they accepted ‘I do -or do I?’ they contracted me for two more books. Lucky me!

10) I dare not ask for a favourite author, but is there any author’s back catalogue you admire and why?

Oh gosh, there are so many! I love Sophie Kinsella, Sharon Shinn, Marian Keyes, S.J. Watson, Mandy Baggot (I was made up to actually meet Mandy at the RNA conference this year!!) and I really admire Sue Moorcroft’s work.

11) Finally, is there anything else you would like to say about your back catalogue of books?

I guess that I hope that readers find them a light, fun read. My tag line is sassy, contemporary romance just right for reading on the beach. I hope readers agree!

Thanks so much for hosting me, Rachel.

You are very welcome Karen, its been a pleasure to find out more about your books, and I must say I love a lot of the same authors as you.

Author Bio

A member of the Romantic Novelists' Association, the Society of Authors and the Society of Women Writers and Journalists, Karen King writes sassy, contemporary romance just right for reading on the beach.  'I DO - or Do I?' her first chick lit for Accent Press, was published in May. She has been contracted for two more. And she is delighted that Accent Press have republished her earlier romance novels, The Millionaire Plan and Never Say Forever. The Millionaire Plan was nominated for the RONE Award in 2014.

Karen has had several short stories for women’s magazine and 120 children's books published. 

When she isn’t writing, Karen likes travelling, watching the ‘soaps’ and reading. Give her a good book and a box of chocolates and she thinks she’s in Heaven. 

Author links
Website: http://www.karenking.net/
Twitter: @karen_king
Karen King Romance Author Facebook Page
Karen King Children’s Books Facebook Page
Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/karenkingauthor/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karenkingauthor/?hl=en


The Millionaire Plan

Amazon UK
Love or money, what would you marry for?

Amber Wynters is on a mission to find a millionaire to marry - and fast. Her parents are nearly bankrupt and being forced to sell their family home, a beautiful Tudor house that has been in the family for generations, thanks to Amber's ex-fiancé persuading them to invest in his dodgy shares. Armed with a self-help book and a ten-point plan, she sets off to hook herself a rich husband. On a millionaire's yacht, she meets the drop-dead gorgeous Jed Curtess. The attraction between them is sizzling. It's a shame that he is only a hired hand. Can Amber ignore her heart and follow her plan?


Never Say Forever

Amazon UK
Do you follow your dream or follow your heart?
That's the decision Kendall McKenzie has to make when she meets hunky businessman Jake Newman. He's as attracted to her as she is to him - but Kendall has vowed never to get married, and it seems that Jake has too. When they are together, sparks fly. It's obvious to everyone except themselves that they're meant to be together. Can Kendall trust Jake enough to give him her heart? And if she does, will she have to give up her dream?


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Karen, you are so prolific - and talented, obviously. Well done on your publishing success with Accent Press, lovely. I never doubted you would be wonderful at romance! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheryl. :) And thank you Rachel for interviewing me. X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...