Tuesday 30 August 2016

Book Review - The Lost Cats and Lonely Hearts Club by Nic Tatano

Amazon UK
Title: The Lost Cats and Lonely Hearts Club
Author: Nic Tatano
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Publication Date: 26/8/16
Rating: 5 Stars


Step away from the cat videos on YouTube and put your reservation for the cat cafe on hold because this is a must-read for cat lovers, rom com enthusiasts and hopeless romantics…

Swapping Prada for purrs…

While covering a story, feisty network reporter Madison Shaw gets more than she bargained for when she rescues a box of orphaned kittens. Suddenly the glamazon of the Manhattan news room is doing two am feedings to keep these furbabies alive!

This is certainly a change of pace for the high maintenance workaholic she’s become and taking care of the kittens makes Madison realise how far off track she’s come—after all, she was a stray once too…

When a video of her caring for the kittens goes viral, she knows her image as a hardnosed reporter is shot to hell. What Madison doesn’t expect is the media circus that propels her and the kittens to stardom. And the domino effect that has on her, her career and her love life—especially when she meets sexy Officer Nick Marino…!

I was perhaps a paragraph into this book before realising that I would be in for a an absolute reading treat. The only thing I will say is if you are not a fan of warm fuzzy feelings, and the two potential love interests both being on the surface incredibly honorable and decent guys, then look elsewhere. If you love all that sort of thing, then The Lost Cats & Lonely Hearts Club is a must read. 

I'd generally regard myself as more of a dog person than a cat person, but when reading fiction, I'm a sucker for just about any four legged kitten, and when the book starts with four adorable kittens that have been orphaned, then my heart melts instantly, and stays melted for the whole story. 

The stars of the book without a shadow of a doubt are the four kittens, especially a rather special tortoise-shell who is adorable but not perfect and the clear favourite of their saviour Madison Shaw. 

Madison has a reputation for being a hard hitting television news reporter, who is career driven, up until she spends a weekend up at all hours feeding the kittens she finds and saves when on a job. Between that and another cat related good deed, a video finds its way onto youtube that goes viral and from that stage her story takes on a life of its own. 

During the time she has the kittens, they prove to be the best test ever as to whether a man is worth spending any more time with, and finally they like two men about as much as Madison does, leaving her feeling guilty and torn. 

Madison also has a fabulous network of her friends, all as fabulous as she is, as well as a not so happy childhood that needs to be navigated. There are some bigger issues touched upon this story, but not in any where near enough depth to bring down the happy upbeat, comforting feeling from this book. 

If I was in a position to do so, I would be seriously tempted to run down to my nearest animal shelter and adopt a kitten after reading this story, as I really did fall in love with Buster. I also fell in love with Madison's men too. 

I think that if you are having a bad day this is the purrfect pick me up sort of book, to warm even the hardest of hearts and just have you smiling with all the good and comforting vibes coming off it. I vaguely recall saying only a few weeks ago in my review of The Love Triangle, also by Nic Tatano, that it was my favourite book by him, but this one surpasses it in every single way in my affections. 

I have said it once, and I'll happily say it again, that every book by this wonderful author is going from strength to strength and I am very excited to see what will be next. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper Impulse for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...