Friday 12 August 2016

Funday Friday - Truth or Lie? Jan Ellis - Month 4 Week 2


Welcome to the latest edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering at least 14 questions. There is of course one small twist...

For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the fourth month is 11pm on 1st September 2016. 

So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning contestant, please can you tell me your name and a little bit about yourself?

My name is Jan Ellis and I write contemporary romcom. I began writing fiction by accident in 2013 when Endeavour approached me to write a history book, then made the mistake of mentioning women’s fiction, which sounded much more fun.
Please to meet you Jan, and welcome back to Rachel's Random Reads.

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Jan hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) What book do you wish you had written?

That's tough, but if we're thinking modern, I'd have to say One Day.

2) What was your most memorable holiday ever?

Staying with the Governor and his wife in the Falkland Islands. Watching elephant seals the size of caravans lounging around on the beach was unforgettable.

3) If you could only read one author for the rest of your life (and I’m aware that’s a very scary world), who would you choose and why?

Enid Blyton, because her stories remind me of my childhood.

4) If you could be a fruit, what would you be and why?

I'd like to be a papaya, because I'd be fragrant and delicious and spend months hanging around in the tropics.

5) What is your dream job, and have you tried to achieve it?

In my twenties I really wanted to drive a London bus, but I failed the driving test.

6) Can you describe for me what your perfect day would involve?

I'm woken by the sun streaming in through the curtains. My handsome husband leaves my side for five minutes, returning with a perfect cup of tea. We then make our way to the beach via the market and enjoy a lazy picnic. The evening is spent with friends enjoying delicious food and wine at our villa on the Med. We totter tipsily to bed for a little light rumpy-pumpy and when Hubbers falls asleep he doesn't snore.

7) If you could choose anybody famous to star in the story of your life, who would it be?

It's got to be Meryl Streep, though we could perhaps get Cary Mulligan to play the young me.

8) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

One word: Kajagoogoo. I used to have my hair like Limahl's.

9) Who is the most important person in the world to you?

The Aged Parent: he's 91 going on 18.

10) If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?

Once I'd handed out lots of lolly to friends, family and deserving causes, I spend it on books, apartments in all the best bits of the world, wine costing over £5 a pop, and more books. Better add bookshelves to that list.

11 What is the most annoying interview question you have ever been asked?

"Tell us something about yourself."

12 Who is your favourite author?

Today it's Kent Haruf.

13 Please name a cocktail that would describe you perfectly, and what’s in it?

The 'Slender Funster', which is a blend of vodka, crushed raspberries, a hint of lime, lots of ice and a mint leaf all in a tall glass. Shaken not stirred.

14 Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

Walking the dog, singing choral music and gossiping.

Thank you so much Jan for taking part, I just can't imagine you as a bus driver, and your Slender Funster cocktail sounds delicious. 

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 

More about Jan Ellis

An Unexpected Affair, French Kisses, A Summer of Surprises and A London Affair are published in digital format by Endeavour Press. Waverley Books will be bringing out paperback editions of these as well as a brand-new paperback called The Bookshop Detective in spring 2017. 

Follow Jan on Facebook  and Twitter @JanEllis_writer
www.janelliswriter.com

Jan's Amazon page: http://goo.gl/yqmAey

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Rachel. I wrote this so long ago that I can only remember one of my lies! Oops . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guesses this week are 1, 5, 13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for guessing, Ali. My lips are sealed, of course! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...